1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: '88 Warwick Streamer Stage I NT - Gloss black, located in CANADA.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Stereo Joe, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRICE: $1200 + Shipping

Here is a beautiful old Warwick. This bass has the desirable wenge neck (much thinner than the newer Warwick necks). Lots of finish wear on the body but the back of the neck is perfect. I got the bass a few weeks ago and had my tech do a set up with a fret dress (level, crown and polish) and new strings (D'addario XL .45 - 105). Other new parts include: truss rod (replaceable in this model), output jack, pickup springs, and Schaller straplocks. Here are the rest of the specs:

- neck-through, wenge neck (very desirable) with maple stringers, maple body wings
    - wenge fingerboard, 24 frets
    - brass just-a-nut (JAN I), brass frets, brass bridge & tailpiece, gold hardware
    - EMG reverse PJ active pickups
    - MEC 2-band preamp
    - rare gloss black finish
    - weight is 9.8 lbs
    - comes with a Warwick truss rod wrench and a hard case, which is beat up but still works.

This bass is definitely a 'player's' bass as there is a great deal of finish wear. But if you like the feel of a well-loved, well-worn axe, this could be the bass for you! Despite the 'road worn' appearance, this bass plays and sounds like a dream. This is the same type of bass that Stuart Zender used in the early Jamiroquai days and is capable tones ranging from deep and dark to brilliant and cutting (and everything in between).

I just got this bass in a trade and the only reason I'm parting with this bass is because I put a deposit on an F-Bass and I need to pay off the balance.

Trades?
    Cash definitely gets priority so the only trades I'm interested in would be for basses that I can sell easily. Let's face it, vintage Warwicks are a bit of a niche market so I'd probably have a quicker sale with a Fender, Music Man or Lakland. Also, I'm only looking for trades with fellow Canadians - I'm not interested in losing money at the border for a bass I won't be keeping. For a cash sale, I'll ship anywhere at the buyer's expense.

Pics (courtesy of the previous seller)
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Wick.jpg
    1.jpg
    case.jpg

2. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    NICE。。。。my english is pure...

3. Bump.

4. CH Design

CH Design

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    If I had the cash or anything worth trading I would definitely be checking this one out. Good luck with the sale.

5. Thanks! This is definitely a very cool, unique bass!

6. Payment pending...

7. Sold. This one is headed to Iowa!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.