SOLD fs '94 stuart spector NS4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by coronado3, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    I couldn't modify the original thread so here's a new one.

Ok, I really like this bass, but GAS attacks. Made in '94 by Stuart here in the USA as a natural oil model, it was refinished in clear poly, but the finish didn't seem to take as well on the back and has a lot of finish checking - does not affect the playability of the bass in any way. There are dings, etc. as this bass was played a lot. The frets are still great and the neck and truss function perfectly. Original USA 2 band 18volt Haz labs preamp with a replaced battery box - works much better than the original. Fantastic neck! Feels like my "A" neck P-Bass. There are 2 videos by jaymi on YouTube on this bass.

It's currently loaded with an EMG 35DC in the neck and a 35CS in the bridge position. Also, it has a gold hipshot d-tuner and new Schaller locks. Ships in a cheap gig bag.

$1600 shipped conus. Trades - vintage basses -'70s fender fretless Precisions, Jazz basses, Gibson rippers, Rics, stingrays/sabres, Spector wimbish / euros + cash, ????? Original listing with video links: FS/FT SSD NS4 1994 Woodstock bass with videos

You are not going to find a USA made Spector for this price!

photo_zps148c866e.gif

2. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    $1500 shipped conus this week only! Sale ends on Friday

3. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Yamaha & Grosbeak. I’m Marc!

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    Bump for a really nice guy and a fine piece of natural-finished active awesomeness! Perfect for the guy looking for that hi-fi sound, a upscale USA made instrument at a reasonable price.

Sound sample showcasing the brilliance of the instrument:

4. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks! The really cool thing about these ns4s is that emg makes a variety of pickups in this size so you can mix and match.

Want 2 p pickups? This bass can do it... 2 single coil j pups? Yep... Single coil in the neck, humbucker in the bridge? Can do... A P in the bridge and a single in the neck? Ohhhhh yeah! :)

5. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    I'll take some new pix bump

6. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    Has my seal of approval on it!

7. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Someone needs to buy one of my basses so I can move on this ;)

8. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Yamaha & Grosbeak. I’m Marc!

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    Someone needs to buy one of your basses so you can move on this so he can move on mine! It's the GAS chain!

9. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Someone needs to rewrite "love train" into "gas chain"!

10. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Looks like she might be traded...

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.