1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: '97 Fender Jazz 5 Deluxe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dave, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD

When I bought this bass I originally wanted a JO5 because I like the necks better, but I couldnt find one and I had a real itchin for a jazz 5. Ive found one that I think Im going to get so this ones leaving. Id really like to get my money back out of it since moneys tight around these parts right now.

This means id like to get $700 + shipping (Ill pay the first $25). Id like to keep this in the US for ease of transaction, but if any of you Europeans or Aussies or anyone else wants it, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

There are couple issues form previous owner(s) to speak of other than the playing wear youd expect on a 10 year old bass. There is a chip in the paint on the back/side that is down to the wood thats about .5"x.75" or so. The paint doesnt look like its flaking, so I wouldnt worry about it.

Also, the mid pot on the preamp has lost its center detent and is a little bit loose, but it still functions perfectly fine. I tried to find a replacement, but theyre hard to track down if you have to have the detent. If not, you can grab one for chump change on basspartsresource or something. Theres also the couple of random really small dings and scratches that you expect on a bass this age. Theres three small ones on the back of the neck, but in playing the bass probably a total of 25 hours in the couple weeks Ive had it, they never bothered me at all.

Now that youve had the really detailed full disclosure yadda yadda crap that I always throw in for everyones sake (I dont like bad suprises ;)), heres the good stuff:

Silver with rosewood fretboard and pearloid pickguard. This bass looks good.

Medium low action with zero buzz; plays great. (dont tell anyone, but since I got it, its gotten way more playing time than my Roscoe :eek: :ninja:)

This bass also has the Suhr designed electronics in it, so it sounds really, really good. Like I said, its been getting some good playing time from me.

Bottom line: This is a really great sounding/playing bass that has been gigged and if you dont mind that little bit of wear, youre going to have a solid bass for not much money.

The bass also comes with a hardshell Fender case in good condition: just a couple of your typical white scuffs like you see on everyones case. If you like, I can throw in a cheap fender gig bag for a couple bucks more...its just been chillin in my room and I need to get rid of it.

I can get some pics for you guys that are interested...just gotta find the camera. :confused:

2. Whew, sorry...got a little long winded there. :oops:

3. bump

4. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    pix might help

5. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    American Deluxe? or Deluxe. I know you said Suhr pickups, so it's probably American...but,
    +1 on da pix being helpful :smug:

6. Haha, oh yeah, it is an American. :smug:

Ill try to track down the camera this afternoon, but my parents may have taken it out of town with them so I may have to borrow one or use my cell phone.

7. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/DMB1347/DSC00035.jpg

Heres a pic of the ding. I dont think you can quite make it out, but the ding is actually just a hair under .5 inches long. Sorry for the really bad quality...my parents took my digital camera out of town this week, so I had to use my cell phone.

8. This is sold....thanks to all. :)

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.