1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS '97 Ibanez SRE400 Ergodyne Prototype

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by toprekoms, Oct 8, 2010.

1. toprekoms

toprekoms Inactive

Aug 22, 2010
    Colorado
    The SRE400 was a "spot production" model of 100-150 bodies manufactured in 1997. They were only available for six months in the USA, Canada, and Mexico. They were meant as a prototype for the Ergodyne Series using Ibanez's man-made material called "Luthite" in an attempt to improve upon the characteristics of wood when reproducing sound. It was a complete success, and the Ergodyne Series has become one of the hottest selling around. This bass, serial number C (for Korea) 6073534, was completely disassembled, cleaned, re-wired and professionally buffed out and given a complete set-up by John Baxendale of the Colorado Guitar Company. The action is sweet, and the neck is narrow and fast, similar to that of Fender Jazz. It is in excellent condition. There are a few real road worn areas that could not be improved upon, as I've tried to capture in the photos, but nothing serious. Includes new Roto-Sound round wounds and original Ibanez gig bag. I truly believe you will not find a nicer example. This is a very special bass. There was no hard shell case made back then. There is now an Ibanez hard shell case made for a new model that will also fit the SRE400. I am asking 300.00 including shipping. THIS IS NOT A SOUNDGEAR! Please read a members' comments on this bass in my previous ad on page 15.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    1. Luthite Body
    2. SR4 Maple Neck w/Rosewood fretboard
    3. 24 Medium Frets
    4. 34" Scale
    5. Graph Tek Nut Width is 38mm
    6. Accu-Cast Bridge
    7. Neck pickup-DXP, Dynamic P humbucking/active, ceramic magnet
    8. Bridge pickup-DXJ; Dynamic J humbucking/active, ceramic magnet
    9. EQ: EQB III, 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 1 Bass boost, 1 Mid boost, 1 Treble boost

Attached Files:

2. Looking for something cool and different. Still got it?

3. levis76

levis76 Defender of the Low Ender

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    8 months to the day.

The guy hasn't logged on since 01-11-11.

Good luck!

4. Lars1975

Lars1975

Oct 21, 2012
    Are you still looking for a bass like this? I have one that I was thinking of selling.