1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: '97 Warwick Streamer LX 4-string/Wenge Neck/Brass Nut/Black Hardware

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassbooty, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    -THIS BASS IS NO LONGER FOR SALE-

I just recently acquired this but I found an incredible deal on a Warwick neck-through bass that I cannot pass up. I hate to part with it because I really love the tone and looks of this one. In order to fund the new purchase, I need to get [DEL]$1099.00 [/DEL] [DEL]$1050.00 [/DEL][DEL]$999.00[/DEL] for this bass which will include shipping within the 48 contiguous United States.

These 90's ones are getting harder to find and they don't make them like this anymore. Plus this one has a Burgundy Stain High Polish finish with custom Black Hardware (as opposed to the standard Gold hardware for this model) - which definitely makes this bass unique among Warwicks. I've had more than a few people mistake this for a Spector bass because of the high polish finish. But make no mistake, this bass is a Warwick through and through with the much sought after 100% Wenge Neck and the original Brass Just-a-Nut I (as opposed to the plastic one on the current model). This bass is in excellent condition (9/10) and has been maintained extremely well. If you're looking at this and are interested, you won't be disappointed!

The bass is all original with the MEC P/J pickups and MEC 2-band preamp. This bass has a fat low end, crisp treble response, and tons of growl! It features the MEC 2-band bypassable active electronics. Pull the volume knob up to bypass the preamp and the blend control is still active to mix up an abundance of tones, even without using the active EQ. I must mention that the gold lettering on the pickups is fading, but the pickups themselves are cosmetically in great condition. The bass will ship with the Warwick Rockbag along with the original Dunlop Straplocks.

Honestly, these pictures don't do the bass justice. It's hard to capture the beauty of this finish in a photograph. Please feel free to send me a PM or email me with any specific questions.

StreamerLX1.jpg
    StreamerLX2.jpg
    StreamerLX3.jpg
    StreamerLX4.jpg
    StreamerLX6.jpg

2. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Make me an offer...

3. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Price Drop - $1050 shipped to lower 48!

4. Elionjamz

Elionjamz Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    How is the action? Any Buzzing?

5. oh mannnn! i want it and don't need it for the same reason: i love the warwick i already have.

6. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    With a set of Ernie Ball Slinkys 45-105, the action is medium/low with no buzzing.

7. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    I love my other Warwicks also, but I love this one too. I've bought and sold over 20 Warwicks and this one is definitely the best bolt-on Warwick :bassist: I've had.

If I could afford to keep it and also get the other Warwick I'm interested in I definitely would, but unfortunately I have to sell this one to fund the other purchase.

8. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    PM answered > still available!

9. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Another PM answered > still available!

Offers are welcome...

10. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    What's the neck profile like on this bass?

11. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    :meh: I'm not very good at describing neck profile but it's definitely jazz bass like near the nut and wider near the 12th fret. These 90's Warwicks definitely don't have what I've seen described as "baseball bat" necks like the Warwicks from the last decade. The neck is very comfortable and the Wenge neck feels great under your thumb without the drag I seem to encounter with the Ovangkol wood necks Warwick currently uses. But the tone of Wenge surpasses Ovangkol IMHO any day! Plus Wenge seems to have a faster attack than Ovangkol. Not sure if that was helpful for ya :confused:

12. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Very helpful, thanks for the reply bump. Jazz necks aren't my thing, though. Good luck on selling this beauty!

13. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    No worries...thanks for the interest and the bump! :D

14. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Another PRICE DROP > $999.00 shipped to lower 48!

15. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Why why why must basses like this show up here when I'm completely broke!? Free bump for a beautiful Warwick.

16. bassbooty

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Thanks for the bump! :D

-THIS BASS IS NO LONGER FOR SALE-

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.