1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS '98 Warwick Thumb BO 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sleepwalker42, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Hi Folks! I'm selling my '98 Warwick Thumb BO 5, Made in Germany. I definitely understood that 5 strings are not for my crappy skill nor I have the time to improve it. I just received it as a partial trade.
    The bass is in excellent conditions, you will have problems to find any scratches or dings. Body is Ovangkol, neck is laminated Wenge with...I don't know what, if you know it please feel free to chip in.
    The neck is straight, frets are great, action is nice and low with no buzzing. Comes with a Gator hard case and I'm including a vase of bee's wax for occasional polish and maintenance.
    Controls are Volume, Pan and Treble/Bass stacked. The bass has a great playing feel given also by the particular contour of the body showed in the last pic and has that signature mad growl that Warwicks have. Truly a monster, maybe if it was a 4 strings...

Priced for a quick sale at $1000 shipped via FedEx, ConUS.

As far as trades, I'm currently GAS free for the next... week or 2 :D. Maybe if you have the right Ibanez Musician early '80s we can work out a trade.

IMAG0270.
    IMAG0272.
    IMAG0274.
    IMAG0282.
    IMAG0273.
    IMAG0275.
    IMAG0278.
    IMAG0280.

2. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    NICE thumb, priced well...this shouldnt stick around to long! GLWS....

3. steelin4u

steelin4u Supporting Member

I'll take it...PM sent.

4. Sleepwalker42

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Replied.
    Bass is SOLD, pending payment.

5. Sleepwalker42

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Payment received and bass already in buyers good hands, wow that's been the fastest transaction I ever did.
    It was nice to meet you Adam, I'm sure the Thumb will serve better in your talented hands than mines :D

6. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    TOLD YA, i could see that a mile away!!

7. Sleepwalker42

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    You did!
    ...but please change that avatar, you're scaring my gold fish here in my office :eek:

8. Sleepwalker42

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Closing thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.