1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: '99 Carvin LB-70 walnut/maple w/ extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David Vector, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Vector

David Vector Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    The other bass I'm posting for sale is my 1999 Carvin LB-70. This bass has walnut body sides with a 5-piece maple/walnut neck and walnut headstock veneer (I should note the color of the walnut on the headstock veneer doesn't exactly match that of the body - it's a little off). Other specs: Carvin J-99 single coil pickups, chrome hardware, Hipshot D-tuner, strap locks.

NOTE: This bass just recently developed a problem. Basically, when the bass is put into passive mode by pulling out the push/pull volume knob, the volume drastically decreases (to a degree it never did before) and instead of a smooth volume taper when you turn down the master volume knob, it drops off sharply (another new development). As of now, if you play it in active mode with the volume knob wide open, it's fine. I suspect the push/pull volume knob is the culprit but I don't know for sure, so the bass is being sold AS-IS. Actually, this might be a good "project" bass for someone who likes Carvin's craftsmanship (which is beautiful) but wants to replace the electronics with something a little more upscale.

The bass is otherwise in really good condition. I've always found it very comfortable to play. It's fairly light and is nicely balanced.

Comes with a Carvin "vintage" tweed case and original documentation/allen wrenches, etc. It has a custom truss rod cover plate with my name on it (a blank replacement is easily obtained from Carvin).

Price is $375 shipped insured UPS Ground to the lower 48 - FIRM
    A new LB-70 ordered to these specs from Carvin would run $1,000+.
    Accepted payment methods: PayPal (verified) and Postal Money Order

You can hear this bass on a track from my most recent CD here: (bearing in mind that it was processed fairly heavily with EQ and compression)
    http://www.davidvector.com/320kmp3/In_Flight_Movie.mp3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    that's a good deal. someone snag it.

3. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Incredible deal and a beautiful bass! If only I had the cash....:(

4. Wow, this is one of the best deals I've ever seen. Somebody go for it.

5. PM sent!

6. Basso Profoundo

Basso Profoundo Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Indiana
    Sent you a PM earlier today.

7. David Vector

David Vector Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Michigan
    PMs replied.

8. David Vector