1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: '99 Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling H - ***SOLD!***

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peabody, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I have for sale a 1999 Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling bass. It has a stunning honeyburst finish and a rosewood board. It will come with two pickguards...a black one that is currently installed and also a white pearloid one.

If you aren't familiar with Sterling basses, they are awesome. The thin, Jazz-like necks are some of the fastest I've ever played...and with the three band active preamp and the ability to switch from double to single coil, parallel to series mode, the tonal options are endless. Not to mention, they are lightweight, so they are easy on the back.

With the exception a small scratch on the back edge, and a couple of very small dimples in the finish (only noticeable if you look very close and hold the bass in a certain light), it is in awesome condition. It comes with the standard molded Music Man case.

This is kind of an impulse sale for me. It looks like my job may be moving to a different city, so I've decided to sell a couple of my basses. Because of the last minute decision to sell, I haven't even taken any of my own pictures, so the pics I included were taken by the previous owner (I hope he doesn't mind...his pics were terrific). I will try to get some of my own posted tonight.

It is priced to sell at $775 shipped to the lower 48. I'll accept PayPal or a USPS Money Order. I am not opposed to shipping this internationally, so feel free to contact for a shipping quote.

Please feel free to send me a PM or e-mail me at peabody59@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!!

sterling8.gif
    sterling3.gif

2. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    Any details of the photo??I interested!

3. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    What would you like to know?

4. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    Jean's configuration and accessories。does it shed paint on the back side?

5. Kristopher

Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    That was my bass and pics, and damn the bass sounds good. Whoever picks this one up is one lucky bassist. If I had the dough I'd consider buying it back.

Good luck with the sale man.

6. Kristopher

Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    That is glare from the light overhead. That is not "belt rash" or any kind of scratching/paint chipping/bare wood. At least from when it was still mine, not sure what Peabody's been up to since he got it. :)

7. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    PM Sent

8. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Hey Kris...thanks for chiming in. To be honest, it has never left my house since I bought it...how's that for pathetic? I hope you don't mind me using your pics....they were definitely awesome....studio quality.

The ones I take tonight will pale in comparison....

9. Kristopher

Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Absolutely no problem man. Thanks for the compliment. I'm actually surprised you're letting it go for so cheap, you should at least charge shipping at that price hehe. At least it should go quick.

10. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Holy peas!!! Why do you always sell basses that make me drool! First the sunburst jag and now honeyburst sterling? Wish I had the money. Good luck on the sale.

11. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    This bass is officially sold. Thanks everyone for the interest. I think I could have sold this bass 3 or 4 times over.

While this bass is sold....I still have a very cool looking Steinberger for sale, if anyone is interested (hint, hint)

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699436

12. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    Sold?im late for it。!!!!!!!!!!

13. blackriverstan

blackriverstan

Mar 11, 2010
    TX
    damn...somethin like that for under $1000

too bad i'm tryin to get my amp situation all set up or i would have been all over this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.