1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Acacia Custom 6 Quilt Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tommy gilstrap, Apr 9, 2009.

1. I don't want to part with this but I have come to the conclusion that 5 strings is as many as I am comfortable with on a bass guitar. This is one of Matt Friedman's earlier pieces, probably early '90's. It's a passive bass and I have installed Q-Tuner pups (www.q-tuner.com). I still have the original EMG's that will be included. Infinitely adjustable Kahler bridge and excellent playability. Currently residing in a well worn tweed HSC. Asking $1,250 shipped, insured UPS PayPal.

Attached Files:

2. More Pics.

Attached Files:

3. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    it breaks my heart that my stubby little sausage fingers can only master a 5 string! :crying: free bump for a bass by one of the true masters of bass lutherie!

4. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    wow...i haven't seen one of these in a while.

very cool!

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    You may want to list the rest of the specs such as woods, scale length and string spacing at the bridge.

Matt made some really, really special basses. His workmanship is sorely missed.

6. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    +1 big time.

This looks like an awesome bass, I miss my old Acacia's. Bet the Qtuners sound great too.

7. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    yummy. any other things you might be interested in for trade? check my profile see what i've got. although i doubt anything can compare to the custom ebony acacia i have. what a killer!!!

8. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    +1
    Matt built the most amazing fretless I've ever played.

9. Price drop bump.:cool:

10. That's a lot of bass for $1600. If I didn't have an Alembic 6 I'd be all over this.

'What recession?' bump.

11. Bump City.:cool:

12. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    Neck width at nut and 24th? String spacing at bridge? Approximate weight? Does it balance well on a strap or neck dive? Neck profile?
    Thanks

13. Humpty Bump.:cool:

14. 2 1/8 in. at brass nut, 3 7/8 in at 24th fret, 3/4 in. (19mm) string spacing at fully adjustable (height, intonation, string spacing) bridge. 10 pounds, balances well with a strap. Final price drop $1,250.:cool:

15. Bumpin' On Sunset.:cool:

16. I must be crazy Bump.

17. Scale?

18. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Man I have to give you a bump on this incredible bass. I can't tell you how tempting this bass is, especially with the Q's. :)
    Dirk

19. Traded to TBer fishhed for a Bee Bass 5er.:cool: