1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Accugroove Whappo Jr

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by fretster, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hi. I'm putting my Accugroove Whappo Jr on the market.

This is a 2x12, with a 6" midrange and a tweeter. Cover included. Oversize casters included too---makes a big difference wheeling over gravel or lumpy sidewalks or lawn.

The tone is big and full and powerful and deep, and warm and clean. It can rock the house, and it can be as delicate as a kitten. I've used it for jazz gigs, with a fretless Fender Jazz, with a Nordy VJ4 (in the pics) and with an Ergo EUB. Every time, the tone is just "whoah thats nice". It sounds good in the living room, and it sounds good in the massive ballroom. It sounds good outside with the wind blowing. Helps to have a bunch o' watts driving it. Particularly the Mesa Walkabout and Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, though the microscopic EA Micro 300 drives it well too.

This one has the 4-8 switch. I've left it on 4 the entire time.

It has the two attenuation knobs for the midrange and tweeter.

Visit the accugroove website for more specs. They will say 102dB SPL at 1 watt, 800 watts, for a theoretical max spl of 131 dB. This is loud. It is also very musical.

Asking $900, shipping extra. Really hoping you can pick it up at my house in Moraga CA (suburb of San Francsico in the East Bay). At 75 lbs shipping will be a pain and will be expensive.

Pics:

(The Nordy is NOT for sale! It is just there for size comparison!)

accugroovewithnordy.

The Whappo Jr in it's nice cozy cover:
    accugroove_in_cozy.

The back panel, showing 2 Speakons, 2 1/4" jacks, 2 Knobs, and a 4-8 switch. Read elsewhere on TB for the full debate on that.
    accugroove_back.

I love this cab, and so does everyone who has owned one, far as I can tell. YOU will love it too, and it is calling you now!

2. I'll give you 2 GS112's with covers and brand new speakers, and a kidney

3. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Tempting. The kidney could be a coffee filter, or a beer filter!

4. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Bump?

5. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Are you interested in any trades?

6. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Not gassing for anything right now...

A Dingwall would be ok, but I suspect I'd be on the paying end of that trade, and that's not part of the plan.

Maybe a Schroeder 1212L, or 1210L.

I'm going light these days, with an Epi UL210 replacing the AccuGroove at about half the weight and 80% of the tone. (What is 80% of the tone, exactly? I don't really know, but this seems like a good tradeoff!)

7. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    How about a trade for an Accugroove Tri210?

Wally

8. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Thanks, but I'll pass on the smaller brother to the Whappo Jr.

9. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I used to have this cab - great sound. I actually had the tri 2x10 on top w/ a DB 750 - a bit ridiculous. U firm on that price? Ever come down to SoCal?

10. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Well, I do have a couple kids down there, one in college and one just out. No road trips planned right now, but with the right motivation it just might happen. Price is always negotiable, with the right give and take.

Not sure the Whappo Jr would fit in the overhead compartment on the Southwest 737, but I could always buy it a ticket too! :D

11. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    The Whappo Jr is still here, waiting for you to take it home!

Act now, and I'll throw in 1/2 gallon of extra Mojo for free!

12. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    bump for the major economic crisis that has caused all bass player's 401K retirement accounts to lose 50% of their value.

Wait, bass players don't have retirement accounts. What was I thinking?

:bassist:

13. fretster

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    Well how about that. It's sold to a TB'er. I will miss it. Such a solid piece of bass gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.