1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Acme Low B-2 Series I - 4 ohm - $200 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Jefenator, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    If you're looking for a near-mint, "never gigged" specimen, you can stop right here! :p

This was my main cab for some years. It's been on lots and lots of gigs. The rat fur carpeting has some linty areas but isn't torn anywhere that I know of. I installed then removed a D-handle on one side (little too heavy for one hand). You can see the plugged holes in a photo below. I replaced both woofers, about a year apart. I also modified the rear jack plate, adding a Banana jack for better current handling.

The cab is old but it's functionally sound and ready to rock on for a while yet. It's built like something for the military and the low end will completely blow you away. 500 watts is about ideal, little more is OK but don't get too crazy. Think of it as the most massive-sounding 2x10 ever created. Don't expect it to completely replace a 4x10 and you won't be disappointed.

New, these go for $569 shipped. If I was going to keep this, I'd be tempted to convert it to 8 ohms, which can be done for $170 and gets you new woofers and a new updated crossover plate. (In other words: better than new - 2 Speakon / 1/4" combo jacks.)

I personally dig the original Series I look and would love to hang on to this. But money & space are getting to be way too tight. Time to let it go, let someone else enjoy it.

I take PayPal. $200 shipped lower 48 is firm for now. But if you're somewhere around Southern Oregon, you can pick it up for $150.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! :)

2. lowfrq

lowfrq

Jul 21, 2008
    Ventura County,Ca
    PM'd

3. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    PM'd and interested if still available.

4. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    Pm'd also...

5. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    LOVE MINE! So much so that I'm tempted to get yours, even though I totally don't need it, hehehe.

GREAT CAB, EVEN GREATER BARGAIN!!

6. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Finally SOLD, pending payment.

Thanks, guys. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.