1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Acme Low B2 Series II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bthrem, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    Acme Low B2 Series II 4 ohm cabinet. A couple of dings and scrapes here and there but overall very good shape. Based on the serial number I think it was made in 2001 (01xxxx) - correct me if I"m wrong on this.

$325 plus actual shipping from zip 45252. I have a FedEx account so I ship as reasonable as possible. Already have a box too so there will be no increase for packaging.

Paypal or money order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I am interested in your cabinet. I always hear people say that you have to have lots of wattage to push it. I have a LMII head (500 watts @ 4 ohm). Would this be enough to push it and if so will it cut through a heavy mix?

3. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    Heavy mix, hum I'll need a little more...

I tried to use 2 of them for my rock and they just not voiced to cut through that type of sound. I have switched to a Schroeder 21012L for my rock band nad it cuts!

Now that said, I'm keeping 1 of the 2 Acme cabs for my Eden WT-300. It's the ultimate portable non-rock rig! Eden thru the Acme sounds awesome, just not quite my sound for loud rock.

From a wattage standpoint, I think 500 into one cab would be plenty. I was driving my two with a QSC PLX1602, 450 watts into each cab. Plenty of volume, just not the right tone for rock.

Tone is of course a matter of opinion. I know there's other guys on the boards who love the cabs for rock.

If you want to chat about, give me a call at 513-478-6665

4. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    PM sent.

5. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat

Sep 30, 2007
    metro-Detroit
    I'm playing a LMII through an Acme Low B2 and it's more than enough power for the jump blues stuff I do with an old Kay upright and a Pbass. I think there's plenty of power there, IME.

6. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    Sold to Matt in C-bus!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.