1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS(again): 1974 Burgundy-Glo Ric 4001

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by d_whitlock, Aug 11, 2012.

1. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    hey folks,

Here she is again. I tried to make due keeping it as long as I could so she is back with a new price tag. On the block is a '74 Ric 4001 in very good overall condition for such a vintage bass. It does have a bit of wear on it. A few marks here and there and a bit of buckle rash on the back, all of which were there when I bought it. But, overall this thing is in great shape, it plays beautifully, sounds unbelievably and has aged beautifully with a slight cream/yellowing of the white binding and pickguard. The neck is stable, no fret issues and all components, electronic and mechanical, are in perfect working order.

I was GAS-ing for this thing for a very very very long time, and it did not disappoint. But now, its time to go and it is priced to m-o-v-e!

Here are a few pics, i will post more pics of the specific wear later.

This bass is getting better with age and definetly worth more, they are becoming much more rare, (the vintage buyers guide from 2011 lists it between $1900- $2300) I am asking - $1700 shipped to the 48 states via Paypal or a USPS MO.

2. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
  3. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Bump for a beauty. Burgundy-Glo and Montezuma Brown are some of my favorite Ric colors ever.

4. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    morning bump

5. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    bump bump

6. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    This one is killing me...Burg 74....oh man, does that take me back. Free bump from a recovering Rick junkie...

7. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    boys and girls, its been a while, but lets give it a price drop and revive any interest?

How about $1600, OBO?

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

Where are you located?

9. d_whitlock

d_whitlock

Jul 13, 2009
    North Louisiana