1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Aguilar AG-500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by danclaro, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danclaro

danclaro Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Princeton, NJ
  2. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    I really wish there was a place around here that I could demo this rig. I've been interested in them for a few years now. I just hate buying something I'm 100% unfamiliar with.

Free bump for ya!

3. danclaro

Nov 26, 2007
    Princeton, NJ
    This solid state Aguilar amp has been around for a while. There are a lot of great reviews and TB posts talking about how it sounds. Lots of video online as well. Check out the live sound of Nate Query, the Decemberists' bass sound. A big part of this is cabinet. I've used two 8ohm 112s with this for a while for a great sound. The DI works great.

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Amp is outstanding. What would you be comparing it to? I've owned Mesa, Thunder funk, Epifani, etc. on par or better than them all.

Rob

5. danclaro

Nov 26, 2007
    Princeton, NJ
    Hi Rob - I sold a '71 Ampeg V4-B for this one. The V4 is so big and heavy, like 70 lbs, and very distorted when pushed. The 18 lb AG-500 was just what I needed - light, loud, clear, with a built-in distortion channel. Sounds great at low volumes. Even thought the Aguilar is solid state, its sounds big and warm. I don't really want to sell it, but I'm going to a TH-500. Mostly for the weight. I find myself carrying my gear a lot these days!

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

I have the same amp. You should put in the description that it's the dual channel model. Aguilar makes great gear.

Rob

7. danclaro

Nov 26, 2007
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Rob, good idea to include that. I haven't really taken advantage of the distortion channel, but there are a lot of sounds there.

8. danclaro

Nov 26, 2007
    Princeton, NJ
    Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.