1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Aguilar AGRO Overdrive Bass Preamp Rack Mount + Footswitch MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by David Henry, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Henry

David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Salem, Oregon
    Aguilar AGRO Overdrive Bass Preamp. Rack Mountable with Footswitch. $280 + insured UPS shipping. PayPal.

In New Mint Condition. I am the first owner and only used for a few hours in my non-smoking home. Completely functional with no issues.

It comes in the factory box with all of the original accessories: footswitch, rack ears, power supply, decal, literature and owner’s manual.

They sold new for $500

The AGRO is a saturation circuit that can be used to create the full range of bass distortion. Tones range from tube-like growl to insane overdrive without losing low end. The AGRO’s three band shelving EQ, contour and presence controls make it simple to shape your sound. Set the AGRO up as an effect unit or use it as a preamp. The AGRO features Instrument level in, line/instrument level out, and an additional line output. Includes footswitch and rack ears.

Specifications:

Inputs: Two ¼" Input jacks. One in front and one in back.
    Outputs: Two ¼" output jacks. One line level and one selectable for line or instrument level.

EQ:
    Contour: broad range mid scoop @ 1kHz(ccw=max scoop (~20dB) cw=flat)
    Treble: + 6dB/- 10dB @ 4kHz shelving
    Mid: + 4dB/- 10dB @ 600Hz peaking

Bass: + 8dB/- 6dB @ 40Hz shelving
    Deep: +6dB <100Hz shelving

Presence: + 6dB/-20dB >4kHz shelving

Link to more pics: Aguilar AGRO - a set on Flickr

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    When I was playing a lot of electric bass I used one of these in the effects loop of my B1500; worked well, and added virtually no weight to my rack case.

3. David Henry

David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Salem, Oregon
    Bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.