1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Aguilar db659 Rackmount Bass Tube Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Budro00, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: barefaced bass cabs, Creation Audio Labs. Artist Relationship: Alclair Audio IEMs, Sandberg Basses.
    Up for sale is the famous and fantastic Aguilar db659 Tube Preamp.
    $600 buyer pays shipping. Will be shipped from zip code 37013.
    preamp is in near mint condition with only blemish being the expected amount of rack rash. And I lost the bulb for the light when I was going to replace it. Works great and sounds like it ought to. I had the gurus at Creation Audio Labs take a look at it and they gave her a clean bill of health. It comes with the power cable.

Here's the link to the TB reviews:
    http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/172/title/aguilar-db-659/cat/26

And some audio samples:
    http://basstasters.com/preamps/Aguilar_DB659.html

I have loved this pre but I'm switching to a more upright friendly rig.

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: barefaced bass cabs, Creation Audio Labs. Artist Relationship: Alclair Audio IEMs, Sandberg Basses.
    Sunday bump

3. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Still available

4. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    So the light doesn't work? Wow, still a great deal. I'm surprised it's still here...

5. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    That's it! And I would've replaced it but the parts company here in town went out of business.

6. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

The bulb you can order for a few bucks, ask Aguilar and they will tell you exactly what it is...rectangular end if I remember correctly, not your standard bulb but still easily found online

7. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Awesome preamp.

8. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mouser has them, I think it was $5 for 2.

9. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm trying avoid Feebay if possible, so I'm a little flexible on price. So lets talk.

10. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    You're killing me. I wish I had the funds for this monster.

11. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Bump

12. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm not in a hurry to sell this, so I will just bump it every few days until I get a buyer.
    Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

13. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Bump

14. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Tubes are cool. Whether they are Fallopian or Vacuum. And this girl has two of them. Bet you can't guess what kind.

15. Motherload

Motherload

Apr 23, 2013
    :)

16. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Thank you for laughing at my joke.

17. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Would trade for an upright or hollowbody bass guitar.

18. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

PM'd

19. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Still available

20. Budro00

Budro00

Jun 18, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Bump