1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Aguilar DB750, DB112, DB112NT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by msquared, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Everything's gone!

This is pretty much a going out of business sale. I've loved owning this stack of gear, but have found myself lately getting out of bass playing. It's unfortunate but it happens. I am too busy with other stuff (recording, drums, family) to have time to get into another bass gig situation right now and as much as I've tried to make time to change that, it just isn't likely anytime in the next year or maybe even beyond.

The DB750 is in great condition. Probably 9 out of 10 cosmetically with the usual mild rack rash that's not visible when it's racked. It was built in May of 2002 according to Marco @ Aguilar. It has new tubes in every socket and sounds awesome (or dead quiet if you're not playing it). Tung Sol in V1, JJ in V2, V3, and V4. It also has steel top hatch screws to replace the soft stock ones that everyone complains about.
    [del]I would like $1350 shipped for the DB750.[/del] The DB750 is sold!

The monster green DB112 has some mild scuffing on the top that is unphotographable. It is in otherwise perfect condition. It has no cover.
    [DEL]I would like $375 shipped for the DB112.[/DEL] The DB112 is sold!

The monster green DB112NT in like new condition. It hasn't left my basement since I got it and I even have the Aguilar shipping box for it. It also has no cover.
    [DEL]I would like $375 shipped for the DB112NT.[/DEL] The DB112NT is sold!

[​IMG]

I'll take some better shots if anyone is interested.

My sale prices are firm. I know the economy sucks and we're coming into the holidays so this stuff may be here for a couple months, but I know it's good stuff and I'll keep it rather than coming down at all.

I am willing to entertain trade ideas but am picky about bass gear. I mainly would be interested in an American Deluxe V (Jazz or Precision) or a four string jazz bass such as a Lakland DJ4. I'd take good studio gear such as preamps, EQs, compressors. If you have seriously awesome drum gear I would consider it. I'd love to get a marimba out of this, even.

2. BassDepot

BassDepot

Apr 17, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Bass Guitars
    Might want to trade an as new Empirical Labs Distressor for the DB750...

Do you have any interest?

3. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    I am interested in the 112 NT; do you have a cover for it?

4. This one is racked, where Brad's isn't. Right?

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    You would have to ask Brad about whether his is racked, but mine has only ever been out of the rack to take it out of the box and to put fresh preamp tubes into it.

6. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Nice new Mesa Walkabout combo (black facing) to sit in your studio for that 750? :D

7. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Thanks for the offer, but I need less bass gear in my life. Studio monitors and an Acme B2 powered by an SWR IOD are adequate at this point. :)

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I appreciate that but yours is priced more than fair. Mine is gone. Good luck with the sale.

9. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    What is the difference, tonally, between the NT and the regular 112?

10. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    The NT is the one without a tweeter, so it only goes up to 2kHz whereas the one with the tweeter goes much higher.

Tonally speaking, the fundamentals and first few octaves worth of overtones are the same. Most of what you get with the tweeter is the sort of high frequency audio that you'd associate with slapping. I tend to turn the tweeter way down anyway so they sound quite similar to me.

11. PJRJazz

PJRJazz

Nov 26, 2005
    NYC
    Pm sent

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    DANG,

this rig would make most anybody's holiday...

13. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Man, that rig must sound flat out wonderful.....free bump for an awesome rig.

14. Interested. Very interested.

15. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Cool. You know where to find me. :)

16. PM sent regarding DB750. :)

17. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    ...and when it rains, it pours. The DB112 is gone and the other on hold.

:bawl:

18. PM sent on head;)

19. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Both DB112s are gone.

The DB750 is still around. Lots of tire kickers but that's it.

20. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.