1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Aguilar GS112 - $275

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bobbykokinos, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I purchased this GS112 about a year ago. It has served me well with light jazz gigs but I decided to move back to 10’s. Since I’ve sold the first one, its time to move the second one.

I’m sure you all know the deal on the cab, but I’ll post up the specs:

One 12" cast frame woofer, 56 oz. magnet
    Power handling: 300 watts
    Impedance: 8 ohms
    Phenolic tweeter with integral phase plug
    Custom crossover with variable tweeter control
    One Neutrik Speakon and two 1/4" inputs
    Frequency response: 42 Hz to 16 kHz
    Sensitivity: 102 dB @ 1W 1M
    Heavy-duty spring loaded handle
    Interlocking corners
    Dimensions: 14"H x 19"W x 18"D
    7-ply, void free Philippine mahogany

I'd say its a 8/10 in condition. All carpet is in tact and still sticking. No functional issues. The only cosmetic issues are the rubber corners, I wouldn't even say are banged up, they just aren't new and the bottom of the cabinet has a little "cart rash" from the wheeling on my luggage cart (you can see it in the pictures below). This cabinet does not include a cover.

I’m looking for $275 (buyer pays shipping). I’ll only ship, insured, within the 48 states. Money order or paypal only.

Pictures:
    Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

Bottom (notice the minor "cart rash"):
    [​IMG]

Let me know if you have any questions!

P.S. If anyone cant tell me how to package this thing safely, and cheap, please let me know! Most places I’ve looked wants ridiculous amount of money to package this thing. From what I understand, to insure it, it needs to be double boxed. Any help?

2. If you do have to double box, what I have done is to:

1. Bag the cab just in case liquid spills on the truck etc.
    2. Get a bunch of boxes, a knife, a hot melt gun and some tape and build a really close fitting inner box right around the cab. Put an extra layer of cardboard over the front of the cab if you want to be extra safe.
    3. Now build a box that will hold the first with 2" or a bit more space on all six sides.
    4. Hunt up some surplus rigid foam packing material to fill the space between the two boxes. A heavy cab will just crush soft padding materials.

Hope this helps,
    S

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i just recently got Bobby's other GS112. Great guy to work with. Bump for a great seller.

4. Thanks! :)

Someone buy this! It looks sad sitting here by itself! :crying:

5. Local sale pending..

6. Rumble Bee

Rumble Bee

Aug 15, 2005
    Thank God,
    I just bought one last night at GC and saw this and almost had a heart attack.:eek:

7. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006

y dont you just ship it in a safe

8. Not exactly sure what the point the above post was.

Anyway.. 99% sure its sold locally. Thanks for the interest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.