1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: AI Ten2 EX Cab "Cabrio-ready" excellent

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by hejbol, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hejbol

hejbol

Sep 19, 2005
    Eugene, OR
    I'm selling a rarely used Ten2 Ex 4ohm cab. I'm not sure what series this is, but I bought it a couple of years ago. It has the very handy "cabrio-ready" option if you have a matching amp. I shuffled my amp between this larger/louder cabinet and my smaller AI rig depending on the gig.

Over all, it's in great condition with a couple of minor nicks on the underside that are really only visible if you turn it over.

I'm asking $550 plus shipping. I have the original cover that came with the speaker as well as the original packaging.

Thanks for looking! I have more pictures if you're interested.

Attached Files:

2. tedw

tedw

Jun 13, 2006
    Northwest U.S.
    This would be a Series III, which very nice. I've been watching for one of these to come up used. I think your price is very fair considering that it's cabrio ready. Unfortunately I don't really need that feature. I wish you all the best with your sale.

3. Smoof

Smoof

Sep 30, 2007
    New Hope, Pa
    With the Cabrio-ready option, will the normal 1x10 Combo still set securely on top for using this as an extension?

4. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Anchorage, AK
    What are the dimensions in the Cabrio slot? Would a focus SA fit in there?

5. hejbol

hejbol

Sep 19, 2005
    Eugene, OR
    Can you stack the cabinets?
    While the two can stand on one another, it seems somewhat precarious -- I wouldn't trust it not to fall over after it's been vibrating for a while. However, I think this arrangement would defeat the purpose of the downfiring woofer. I like to spread the cabinets apart (they're so small) so that my sound spreads across the stage and everyone can hear me better.

Can you put in a focus amp?
    Not sure what the dimensions are for the focus, but my amp fits very snugly.
    Width - 10 3/16"
    Depth - 8 1/2" bottom 7 1/8" top (it slants back)
    Height - 2 15/16"

My amp also has a couple of threaded holes to accommodate the screws that hold it securely in the amp (read, no RATTLE). These are 6" apart from each other on the back of the amp.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have more questions or need additional photos.

6. hejbol

hejbol

Sep 19, 2005
    Eugene, OR
    bump

7. tedw

tedw

Jun 13, 2006
    Northwest U.S.
    These are great speakers and they don't come up used all that often....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.