1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Alembic Essence NT, Like New, Flamed Koa Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by projectapollo, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    OK -- I really really hate selling this one.

Here is the story. I took the Alembic high-end bass plunge. Bought a custom Rogue model. I loved it soooo much, I couldn't help pick this beauty up on ebay. But alas, it is sooo similar to the Rogue, that I can't justify two similar high-end Alembics. The neck-through Essence needs to move along.

This is the Alembic Essence -- this model is the entry into the high-end Alembics, which is why they call it the essence, I guess. Has all the essence of the premier Alembics. The electronics are a bit simpler and feature volume, pan, and the unique Alembic filter knob. Its a low-pass filter and the knob adjusts the frequency for the pass filter. Its similar to a tone control, but way better. Side fret-markers, brass hardware for solid sustain. And ---- neck through build with their dual-truss-rod design.

What I love most about this Essence is the gorgeous flamed koa wood top. It is simply beautiful. Next is the extreme playability. This thing is light, compact, and easy to navigate with ease. If you are into MusicMan basses, this Essence reminds me of the Sterling bass as compared to the Stingray -- more compact, lighter, fast. Of course, the sound is all Alembic. The best punch in any bass I've yet owned. This thing is a 9.5 out of 10. No nicks, chips, dents, scratches. And its a 1993 date of manufacture. Must have been a case queen its whole life.

Let's go $1800 shipped in original semi-hard shell case. The case does show its age, but functions well.
    No TRADE Offers, Please.

DSC01047.

DSC01048.

DSC01049.

DSC01050.

DSC01052.

DSC01053.

2. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Beautiful....oh the holidays have got me way behind. A bump for a great instrument.

3. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    I have flats on her for the last few days. Oh boy... the thump and the smooth. Sounds great with flats. Maybe great enough to keep one Alembic with rounds, the other with flats? Is this the rationalization I need?

4. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    Bump, for one beautiful bass.
    oh, and a cool seller :D

5. wow , just wow !!

6. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Bump for Christmas delivery!

7. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    I'd be interested in a trade for a USA Lakland.

8. Mitymojo

Mitymojo

Dec 17, 2011
    Sweet Bass. Still for sale. I'm interested.

9. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    I can still ship for Christmas delivery!

10. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    PM sent....

Guys -- I just put some earnie ball flats that I had stored away on this Alembic. Oh my gosh. Such tone.

11. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Trade in discussion....

12. projectapollo

projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Traded.... ships tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.