1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Alembic Essence Walnut / Mahogany 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thomasjbass, Oct 28, 2013.

1. FS Alembic Essence Walnut / Mahogany 5 String

So over the next few days, I am going to be posting a lot of my basses for sale in order to purchase a new home here in Ohio. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to take a look at my postings and hope that one of them is what you are look for.

It is with deep regret to have to let this one go as I just recently obtained it. If some of my other basses sell, I will pull this one off immediately. This is an Alembic Essence 5 string custom bass. The walnut top is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I really don't think that these pictures to this bass justice. In addition it has a matching headstock on both front and back. The wings are mahogany with a beautiful and perfectly straight maple neck. The bass definitely has some weight to it (like most Alembics), however, it doesn't feel "heavy" to me at all. I am asking $2500 for this bass (I'll split shipping with the buyer right down the middle).

Here is a helpful little note from Alembic about this bass…

"The heart of the Essence's tone is the Alembic low-pass filter, the same tone control we pioneered in 1969 when we first introduced active electronics to the musical world. With this tone control, a range of sounds from deep to bright are available with a simple twist of one knob."

Here is a little bit more about the bass:

Model: Alembic Essence 5 String Walnut Bass
    Color: Flamed Walnut Grain
    Body: Mahogany wings with Maple Neck, Flamed Walnut Top (Matching Headstock)
    Neck: 5-piece Maple with 4 Walnut pinstripes
    Fretboard: Ebony
    Pickups: Alembic Humbuckers (Alembic MXY 56)
    Preamp: Alembic Preamp
    Controls: Volume, Pan, Filter
    Hardware: Gold Alebmic Hardware
    Scale: 34"
    String Spacing: 1.875 in @ Nut / 2.930 in @ Bridge
    Case: Yes, Kaces Heavy Gig Bag
    Weight: 10lbs
    Serial: Available upon PM

Here is a video of someone playing my favorite Queen song on YouTube (sorry, there really weren't any good video's on YouTube of the Essence):

Here is some visual stimulation:

IMG_7184.

IMG_7185.

IMG_7186.

IMG_7187.

IMG_7188.

IMG_7189.

2. Bump.

3. oh my.......goodness !!!

4. Bump :)

5. Browns town bump! Here we go brownies, here we go!

6. Bump

7. Bump, great bass.

8. Bump for an original old school custom bass luthier.

9. Weekend bump..

10. Might consider a trade for an iPad mini plus cash....

11. somebody please but this beauty so I can stop drooling over it

12. Bump. Some interesting trade but really looking for cash.

13. Headed back to her original owner...