Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Alembic Persuader - $1100

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by EvoMan, Jan 27, 2003.

1. This is the nicest Persuader I have seen. It's a 1988 model in quilted maple (nicer than other quilts I have seen on Persuaders). The bass is in nearly new condition. I'm asking what I paid a couple of months ago. It's a beautiful bass, but not quite my style.

Details:

32" Scale length
    P-J pickups - Active
    Original hard case (structurally fine, interior like new, but some scratches on the outside)

Pictures will be posted in a few hours.

Trades considered, but cash prefered. I can add cash to the right trade. I'm interested in basses by: Jaydee, Status Graphite and Zon in particular. I would consider Kubicki, other Alembics and Steinbergers (older composite ones). I don't need an amp, but would take a Fodera or Raven Labs headphone amp towards the purchase.

2. This is the first picture - it shows the body of the bass sitting in the case. Note that the pickups still have the gold paint on the lettering (it shows how little the bass has been played since this is usually rubbes off rather quickly when the bass is played).

3. Here's another picture of the body. You can see the darker mahogany wood of the body behind the quilted maple top. I forgot to mention earlier that the neck is a through body 5-piece (I think) maple with what appears to be an ebony fretboard.

You can see from the pictures that the neck is fairly narrow with those beautiful oval inlays.

4. This is a picture of the headstock. The Alembic emblem is brass (or bronze?). The picture is not very good (I need to take more). You can't really tell, but the headstock is also quilted maple and matches the body. The headstock is like most Alembics in that it has multiple layers laminated together.

5. Correction, it's a 3 piece neck.

You can see more details about the Persuader at bunnybass (link below). The bass is pretty much identical to the one for sale, except the wood top is different and the one for sale is a few years newer.

http://www.bunnybass.com/bass/zAlembicPer.shtml