1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Alembic Rogue 4 String, Mint, Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by projectapollo, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    I picked up this case queen from a high-end bass dealer (using their pics) this past September. Its a 2001 neck-through Alembic Rogue in pristine condition in original hardshell case.

The original build sheet from the factory comes with it and states the following:
    - Flamed Walnut top
    - Vermillion accent wood
    - Mahogany body
    - Maple/Walnut neck woods
    - Ebony fretboard
    - Perloid inays
    - Walnut veneers
    - 2MXY4 electronics with Vol, tone, pan, bass treble boost/cut switches, Q switch (for the low-pass tone filter)

This bass plays like a dream and I love the Alembic tone and electronics. Has a very nice deep punch that I've never heard in any other bass. With this low-pass filter tone control, tone can be shaped all over the place. Snappy and bright to warm and dull -- which just sits in the mix beautifully.

I play at church and only ever took this bass out of the house for one practice and three services. Everyone was amazed at the clarity and the tone. I had the low-pass filter set very low and the punchy warmth filled the place (1000 seat room) with professional sounding bass.

I'm selling because this bass because I really don't want to own a case queen like this and don't want to start playing her regularly, either. Lately, I've been into some USA Lakland's which are a notch down on the quality ladder, and with which I'm more comfortable knocking around.

Price is $2800 shipped.

Now for the photos from the dealer I acquired it from:
    Note -- the pics show the back electronics and battery cover as a dull color. That was the original plastic cover still on the bass. I removed it and those covers are gorgeous gold that match the other gold hardware exactly. Very very nice.

rogue4b.

IMG_2665.

rogue4c.

rogue4a.

IMG_2666.

IMG_2667.

IMG_2668.

IMG_2670.

IMG_2671.

IMG_2664.

IMG_2663.

IMG_2674.

IMG_2673.

2. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    Bump for an awesome guy and his awesome Alembic.
    What a showstopper bass...WOW!

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Excuse me while I wipe the uh, drool, off my keyboard. Amazing looking Alembic.

4. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    The pics don't really capture the deep flame in the walnut top. Its a work of art. These Alembics are amazing. Just look at the layers in the tilted back headstock.

5. wow just wow

6. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Traded. Heading to TX.

7. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Guys -- I am re-offering this Alembic Rogue. I sold it in this thread previously, then bought it back when it came back on the market. But alas, college tuition looms and I really should not be be tying up this cash in a third, case queen bass.

So, bump for back on the market. She is still pristine and a wonderful player.

8. MtJam

MtJam Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Maryland
    Beautiful bass! What is the weight on this one? Thanks!

9. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Simply Stunning! Desperately searching for some justification to pull the trigger.

10. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Good price. I just sold mine for more.

I don't know any college students who own an Alembic ! This will cover your whole tuition, if it's junior college !

GLWTS

11. Sywannab

Sywannab Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Alameda, CA 94501
    wow... I can see the craftmanship one of the best in the planet

12. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Me want. Me no have the money. Me cry.

13. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Someone buy this beauty. As a recent Alembic convert and Rogue owner, I can tell you this bass can cop so many sounds! They are beautiful, play great and sound fantastic. Worth the price. Someone buy it! You will be glad you did.

14. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Im trying!!!!

15. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    I do too brother!!!!!!

16. p.m sent

17. JRN

JRN

Aug 4, 2010
    CO 80443
    Is this bass sold?

18. satellite4

satellite4

May 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Awesome bass here..the pup and bridge combo just look fantastic together...and look at the detail where the back of the kneck meets the headstock..wow

19. bassclef29

bassclef29

May 30, 2005
    Sent PM earlier.
    Thanks,
    --Joe in San Diego

20. projectapollo

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Gonna hold onto this for now.

Thread Status: