1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: All Original 1970 Fender P Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tele27, Mar 11, 2013.

1. tele27

tele27

Feb 21, 2013
    $2600.00 or best offer.
    LOWERED PRICE.

Will pay for shipping within the Continental USA. Plays great and has that beefy P-Bass vibe.
    Light weight 8.1lbs. Ash Body, Maple with rosewood board. Original Fender Case. Someone is going to
    get a terrific sounding bass.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2w9h9glsj9qtty3/6j_6mHZYoe

Thanks

2. ZSavage

ZSavage GrooveBopDeluxe

Let's try this again-
    How does the wear spot on the neck at E (A string) and B (E string) affect the playability

3. tele27

tele27

Feb 21, 2013
    What wear spot are you referring to?
    Thanks

4. tele27

tele27

Feb 21, 2013
    There are no wear spots, I think what your looking at that appears to be a wear spot is actually the grain of the wood. I don't have the best of digital camera's. Also don't take very good pictures to boot.
    Thanks

5. SactoBass

SactoBass I like all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    I closely examined the pics, and I'm not seeing any kind of "wear spot". I see slight changes in the wood grain, which is normal IMO.

Free bump for a very nice P bass! If money was no object for me, I would grab it! Ya don't see too many original 1970 P basses floating around.

Tele: for TB'ers who may be contemplating purchasing this bass, you might want to indicate what the nut width is.

GLWTS!

6. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    This is my birth year bass....bump....I've got to talk this one out with the wife!

7. tele27

tele27

Feb 21, 2013
    Happy Birthday...If you have quite a few instruments try the in the closet method. Leave it in the closet take it out only to play when no one is around. After a few months when its revealed and asked "Is that A New Bass"? answer nah I've had this one for a while just haven't played it that much! Pretty childish but that is what G.A.S will do. It's a disease without a 12 step program.

8. tele27

tele27

Feb 21, 2013
    Thanks for the tip. Nut at width is 1 3/16ths.

9. grumpyjfc

grumpyjfc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Mount Pleasant SC
    Sadly, Ive done the same thing........more times than I can count!! :)

10. NeckPickup

NeckPickup Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Boca Raton, FL
    Unless it has an "A" neck (a Jazz neck. which is not common, but possible), I would expect the width to be wider, something in the 1 5/8" range for "B" width, 1 3/4" or so for "C". Do you know if this neck is stamped "A" or did you mean 1 13/16" maybe?

11. Rosebud

Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    drool/groan!

12. tele27

tele27

Feb 21, 2013
    Duh....yes 1 5/8" darn glasses...uughh.

13. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Where are you located? Any nicks or dings on the back of the neck?

14. tele27

tele27

Feb 21, 2013
    Located in NC 27278. There are a few small lacquer nicks on the back of the neck. Other then those it is very clean. Also there is quite a bit of meat left on the fingerboard. I threw up a few more pictures to illustrate that.

Thanks

15. ZSavage

ZSavage GrooveBopDeluxe

Not trying to cause any sort of controversy here but I thought I noticed a definite wear spot on the aforementioned area.

My apologies if that is not the case !

16. That's a sexy P bass bump

17. tele27

tele27

Feb 21, 2013

Bump