1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Alleva-Coppolo, Lull, Stambaugh

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bdgotoh, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    I might be interested in these possible trades only (+/- cash):
    -Mike Lull P4 with Jazz pickup in the bridge position, must be 8.0 lbs or less
    -MusicMan Stingray HH with rosewood fingerboard, must be under 9.0 lbs
    -G&L L-2000 with Jazz-width neck (1.5") and rosewood/ebony board, must be 8.5 lbs or less
    -MusicMan Sabre with single lever switch and covered pickups, rosewood board, good or better condition

First up is a beautiful new Alleva-Coppolo KBP-4. This was finished on 12/31/2007 and only has a few hours of playing time on it. The finish is Candy Apple Red metallic with a matching headstock, the fingerboard is a lovely piece of dark Indian Rosewood, and the neck is Jazz-width at the nut (1.5" wide). The finish is nitrocellulose and there are some finish cracks that developed in the first few days I had it. The pic below was taken at the right angle to make them visible, they are more subtle in person. Weight is 8.8 lbs and the bass sounds and feels terrific. Bridge and tuners are Hipshot. Comes with the original AC gigbag. It was hard to get a good picture of the finish so I've posted several. If you ordered this bass right now it would be over $3000.

Price - $2500, SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Third is a Stambaugh P bass that Chris finished in November 2007. The body is light mahogany with a figured bubinga top, the neck is maple and bubinga with a super figured chechen fingerboard. The pickups are Jason Lollar and the wood covers match the fingerboard. Weight is excellent at 7.8 lbs, balance is perfect, and the bass sounds great. Bridge and tuners are Hipshot. Comes in the original black tolex case.

Price - $1250, SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    WOW... that AC won't last long.

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    where is $2500 when you need it!!? :)

4. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Oh, why did I decide to start being more 'responsible' now?

5. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    It's like P-bass heaven...

6. Oh my! You have some beautiful basses here...I am sure the Alleva is a monster if it is anything like mine!

Peace,

T

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

Round of applause for the killer Ps! :cool:

8. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    :bawl:

9. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Thanks guys, if I was in bass heaven I'd be able to keep all of them!

10. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Man, I want that P Bass.

11. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    What's up with the finish on the AC!?:meh:

12. timmarks

timmarks Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, D'Addario, Mesa
    nitro finishes do that with temperature changes--they "check" easily. they are thinner finishes, and softer than poly, which is usually what is used today. fender switched to poly in 1968--everything before that was nitro. so if you want to cop the early 60's vibe exactly, you've gotta go nitro. those small finish checks happen and it'll also wear like early 60's basses, that's why you see so many with (to me, cool looking) worn finishes after years of being played. like the 64 p bass in my avatar above

13. This is why I never leave my basses out overnight. 1 really cold night is enough to do this to a bass. I never ship a Bass on Friday either to reduce the chance that it sits in a cold warehouse somewhere!

Peace,

T

14. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Thanks Tim - spot on as usual! I was really careful with this bass, even left it in the case overnight when it first arrived so it could warm up slowly. As Tim said, this is quite common with nitro finishes. As I mentioned above and you can see in the full pics, it's not obvious unless the light catches them just right. They are only visual, I ran a fingernail across them and couldn't feel anything.

15. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    The Stambaugh is gone!

16. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma

That was a cool one!

17. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Chris is one of the best builders out there right now and he did a great job on this bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.