1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Allparts parts PJ 4 string!! (video included)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by seungkoo, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    Hey guys! With my p-nut III bass coming in tommorow, I have to liquidate most of my assets so the big honcho wont kill me at the end of the day :bag::bag:

Warning!! - THIS IS NOT A FENDER!! Just a fender decal for all the haters. If the buyer wants to peel it off you can. Its a 70's style logo in silver!

I am the second owner of this bass. The previous owner said the bass was put together by a master builder name Doug Holtz.
    I dont know how true that is because honestly I think I can by allparts parts and put them together and call it a day ;)

However the quality of parts is really nice and the neck joint is really tight! Bass sounds great, very resonant. Only thing Im not too fond of us the finish on the body. Its a transparent orange finish but I think it just needs to be sanded down and clearcoated or something. Just not a very smooth glossy finish like fenders transparent sunset orange. Its more of some oil finish i think. Im not too sure.

Well the body is a 2 piece ash that weighs in at 4.5lbs. The neck is a beauty. Its maple neck with a very rich dark ebony board. Has pearl inlays (the greenish color ones) stand out alot in contrast with the fingerboard. The frets are ice and have no wear. I sanded down the back of the neck to give it that worn feeling and look. Its been sealed after with poly satin clear and waxed many times.
    Its a 1.5" jazz width neck. Very fast and quick. The electronics are EMG-HZ passive pickups. Theres no battery needed for these EMG's which is a plus and they sound great. The bass is wired volume/volume. There is no tone control. Im sure you can wire it in if you like and drill a hole for the jackshaft. I suck with wiring and solders.

Price: $500.00 shipped in a molded fender HSC or $450.00 shipped without the case but it will be packaged and shipped carefully.

I decided to take a video with my sales now since I suck at taking pictures. Just click on the picture to watch the video. I also added some pictures too if you dont want to watch me talk about the bass :oops:

th_Pj012.

Pj011.

Pj010.

Pj009.

Pj008.

Pj007.

Pj006.

Pj005.

Pj004.

Pj002.

Pj003.

PS: I will part the bass if I can get a buyer for both loaded body and loaded neck at the same time.

Loaded neck: $300.00
    Loaded body: $300.00

2. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    closing!! bass started its long journey of being parted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.