1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: American Standard Precision / P-bass - black beauty

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I made the dumb mistake of thinking my G.A.S. was cured. Well, it's not. I stayed off Talkbass for a couple weeks... and now I'm back... and so is the G.A.S. Lol.

That being said, I won't be heartbroken if I have to keep this beauty. This is a seriously cool and gorgeous dark beauty of a P-bass... 2006 anniversary model. Alder body, maple neck (satin finish), with nicely rolled edges. String through body bridge that has been upgraded to a Badass III. Hipshot X-tender (D-Tuner) installed. It currently sports the Dunlop push-button straplocks but I only have the pin ends.

Your choice of a white pearloid pickguard or red tort pickguard (see pics of both.)

The bass has some very minor cosmetic wear in the form of a few scratches and dimples but I couldn't find anything to the wood, and none of it is very noticeable. It also sports the S1 switch - you just push the button in on the volume knob. I've found this "thinner" tone to be most effective with the tone knob rolled almost all the way down.

Steal it for $750 + actual shipping - or best reasonable offer. I will ship anywhere as long as buyer pays actual shipping. My only trade interest would be a lightweight ash-body P-bass w/ vintage (small) frets - does not have to be a Fender.

IMG_3187.
    IMG_3188.
    IMG_3189.
    IMG_3190.
    IMG_3191.
    IMG_3192.
    pbass1.
    pbass2.
    pbass3.
    pbass4.
    pbass5.
    pbass6.
    pbass7.
    pbass8.
    pbass9.
    pbass10.
    pbass11.

2. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Tim having GAS is like the Earth revolving around the Sun, it's bound to happen daily.

Free bump for a good guy with bad GAS.

3. artechoke

artechoke

Nov 9, 2012
    Rhode Island
    pm sent.

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    And sold. Thanks!

Thread Status: