1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS Ampeg B2Re MINTY!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by parsons, Jan 18, 2012.

1. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    You guys all know these things.

This was purchased as a backup to my main head back when I was doing a lot more touring and gigging than I am currently. I had a US version of this that was stolen out of the guitarists van so this was the replacement he purchased for me in 2006 or 2007 I believe. It was used live maybe twice only because I was feeling lazy and didnt feel like carrying my heavy 8 space rack that contained my main amp setup. A few hours of rehearsals around the studio space if my main amp was still packed away in the van. Other than that, it has literally sat around my house, practice space and up until a month or so its been racked its whole life. It cant have more than 15 hours of total use. To rack it up I had to remove one of the four feet from the bottom (pictured) and I have no clue where that was lost to amongst parts bins. You can get a replacement from Ampeg for next to nothing or grab a universal rubber foot from Home Depot for a few bucks. If you rack it, you have no need for it. This will also include an extra long power cord in case you arent going to rack it up to a rack power supply and need a few more feet to plug in.

450 watts @4ohms/ 250 watts @8ohms. Never had an issue plugging this into an 810 or two 410s and getting heard.

They sell for $550 to $599 new. Ill take $300 shipped eastern half of the US, add $10 for folks out in scary western places.

Attached Files:

2. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Only mark you'll find on this is the typical rings left from the four rack screws!

3. basstodave

basstodave

Jan 12, 2002
    arizona
    "folks out in scary western places."

So, you've never been west of the Mississippi, have you pilgrim?

4. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I tried once but my covered wagon busted a wheel and my horse threw a shoe.

Actually it's more of a reference to how much scarier shipping costs become when you send stuff west, especially when it's a heavier item like this.

5. basstodave

basstodave

Jan 12, 2002
    arizona
    Actually, in many ways inappropriate to list here, the West is indeed a scary place. Has some nice mountains though, if that's your thing. :D
    And to keep this on target. I picked up a B2R and it sounds great with my passive Hamer 2-tek 4 string and an Aggie GS112.

6. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Love aggie cabs, love the mountains but the east has the Appalachians here.

Open to offers on this amp!

7. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Conference championship bump.

8. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Lowered price by $50 BUMP.

9. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    No one wants a basically new ampeg?!

10. 45cmckay105

45cmckay105 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Frederock, Maryland
    Ridiculous deal for a crazy east-coaster that baby's his gear people. Plus, he does a mean Gene Simmons when he wants to!! BUY THIS AMP!!:hyper:

11. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks bro! AMP IS NOW SOLD!