1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS - Ampeg Billy Sheehan Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by coronado3, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    I have one of the ampeg SVT billy sheehan preamps for sale. These are discontinued (as is the relationship between Billy and Ampeg)

Here is the manual for all of the specifications:
    http://www.bassemporium.com/pdfs/svpbsp.pdf

It is in near perfect condition with no major scratches to speak of.

Sounds great! 2 channel blendable overdrive/distortion.

$375 OBO shipped CONUS. For outside the US, it will be a bit more for the shipping.

2. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    bump with some pix-
    SVP1.gif
    svp2.gif

3. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    tothetop

4. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA

5. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome SVT tube pre with blendable hi gain channel bump!
    $350 to your CONUS door.

6. I have been thinking about this pre for awhile. How is it compared with a SWR ISO? I want to make sure its an upgrade and not just a lateral move =)

7. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    I have not played through one of the SWR iso preamps, so I can't comment on it.

I do know that the ampeg's overdrive channel is custom tailored to Sheehan's specs - reminisient of his discontinued Pierce preamps. From what I read in a sheehan article when it was in development, the overdrive channel has a sort of "crossover" that sends ony higher frequencies to the overdrive (or heavy distortion if you prefer -it has a pull knob for extra gain),and then blends it back with the rest of the frequencies. Plus there is the clean channel - They can be blended or switched and there are DIs (with level controls) on both channels or can be DI'd blended.

The OD channel also has a defeatable noise gate and the clean channel has a defeatable compressor.

8. brenner182

brenner182

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    pm sent

9. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    right back a'cha

10. coronado3