Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Ampeg BXT Cabs

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by TheChariot, Mar 21, 2005.

1. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Well... the good news is: I'm in a band. The bad news? I'm kinda.... the drummer. :spit: But, it looks like I'm staying put on drums, and I need money to start upgrading my kit, as well as recording equipment. My rack gear is being sold to my bass palyer. Also... in 6 months I will be moving to the Boston area for college, and I really dont think I can bring a fullstack into a dorm. :smug:

Oh... and soon I'm going to have to take out a $40,000 loan in my name to pay off the New England Institute of Art. And.... yeah, you know how that goes. :meh:

So here you go... I now need to find someone to strike a deal with on these cabs, so I can get me a crash Cymbal, and take a chip outta the ol' tuition. :help:

Ampeg BXT410 bass cab: Now $525
    -600Watts RMS Handling (safe to put about 1000Watts into)
    -4ohm Impedance
    -Low End Frequency as low as 45Hz.
    -Two Speakon and two 1/4" inputs

Ampeg BXT115 bass cab: Now $325
    -300Watts RMS Handling (safe to put about 500Watts into)
    -4 ohm Impedance
    -Low End Frequency down to 42Hz
    -Two Speakon and two 1/4" inputs

Both Cabs Together: Now $825

Photos: http://photobucket.com/albums/y72/ryknow225/Bass cabs/

Most of you probably are wondering "Are those the Wooten/Bailey Models?". Yep! I've heard the comparison, and I would hold the BXT410 up to a PR-410 any day of the week. These cabs have way better range, tone, and diversity than Ampeg's SVT cabs as well.

Both cabs are about 2 years old from aquisition, and I am the original owner. The 410 left my house one time to play at my high school... but I'd hardly even call that a gig. I coulda gotten the job done with a 210, frankly. And the 115 has never left home.

Now... herein lies the difficult part. These suckers would cost a lot to ship, so I would like to avoid that.But it is definately a possiblity. I did some experimenting on FED EX's website, and I think it would be $70 or so to ship the 410 to Boston... but that's just an estimate. If you live far off and are interested, I would love to hear from you and try to arrange something.

However, the best scenario would be a meeting somewhere. I live in Hamlin, NY (near Rochester) and would like to deal with someone between Syracuse and Buffalo. I'm willing to meet you halfway, or even deliver for you... depending on where you live :). So anyone in the Northeast... give it some thought.

And yes... the prices ARE slightly negotiable... but I am really looking to maximize my return on these cabs.

Thanks,
    ~Evan

2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Bumperoo

3. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Biggity-Bump!

Tough crowd, I see :(

Prices have been lowered.

I really need a deal :help:

4. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    haha...

Wow...

I suck. Does ANYONE have ANY offers at all? :confused:

5. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Bump!

1 cab is being tried out.

6. rkatapt

rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Man I would love the 410 cab, shipping to Texas hrmmn. I have the bxt115 and it needs its better half on top. Damn money always seems to be a problem.......

Whelp free bump fer yeah anyways...

7. rkatapt

rkatapt

Jun 7, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Hey how bout somemore bumpage cause I want it, but you live on the other side of the country...........those damn shipping charges

8. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    ALRIGHTY! Since its been like... a month... I've decided to lower the price on these suckers down... but just this one final notch

Ampeg BXT410 bass cab: Now $500

Ampeg BXT115 bass cab: Now $300

If someone gets their hands on these suckers, they will be saying within a day or two after receiving them "Wow, what a steal I got". I hope that maybe someone will take the dare and persue these babies, cuz I've gotta get em gone by the time summer is up, at the very least.

At this current price, the prices are now non-negotiable. Shipping or Meet/Delivery will be $50-$70 depending on the situation.

9. I live in South Jersey. Gloucester 08030. How much shipping for the 1X15? PM me or shoot me an email at barkatozz@comcast.net

10. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    The BXT115 is SOLD!!!

The BXT410 is still up for sale for $500. Buyers in the New England area are again preferred.... but shipping is very doable, as I recently learned from shipping the 115.

Gimme a PM or hit me on AIM at Ryknow225.

11. BUMP!!

12. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Violent Bumpage.

13. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    price is really great

its the shipping matter

14. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    The BXT410 must go. Price has been lowered to $450 + shipping

15. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I'm moving to the Boston area in about 2 weeks... lemme know fellas. $450 + shipping is the price.

BUUUUMP!