1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS Ampeg SVP-CL all tube preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Badmuthaplucka, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wass up my brothas! Everyone knows what this is. It's great sounding preamp that's based on the old 70's Ampegs. I also found however it does do the "Modern" quite well. It does have some a couple of scratches from being racked but the front is pristine! No issues on this guy. Other than the scratches it's tip top! I'm asking $415 shipped. Paypal preferred. I will have pics by tomorrow. Spanks!

2. Here are some pics. I know crappy cell phone pics but I tried to show some on the scratches on the bottom.Throw me an offer guys.:bag:

Attached Files:

3. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Eden Navigator w/foot switch for it?

4. Wow that's very nice preamp! Unfortunately I really need the cash. But well see who this goes. Things may change after this weekend. Thanks!

5. Jeremy Allen

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    I took this Navigator in trade, and I need the cash too. But I wouldn't mind trying out an SVP-CL!
    (Somebody who knows the Nav could probably tell me how to dial in the same sound; the Eden is ridiculously loaded with tone-shaping options.)

6. Bumpz!

7. brianh

brianh

Aug 19, 2005
    NYC
    Endorsing: Epifani Amplification
    It's all in the low mids! Go easy on the extreme frequencies but be liberal with the mids. The quasi parametric eq (to knobs) on the Navigator take a second to figure out.....but they're so flexible. If you have good pwr amp you can do a lot

8. Jeremy Allen

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    I believe you... I used to have a WT400+ which I loved.
    Playing in the Bronx for Benitez tomorrow night, Brian? :)

Free bumpage...

9. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    AZ, USA
    You have a PM.

10. PMs replied still available.

11. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    AZ, USA
    Payment sent.