1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Ampeg SVT-210HE (USA) w/Eminence BASSLITE CH2010, 4 ohms, $299 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JGR, Jul 21, 2008.

1. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    SOLD!

Up for sale is my mint condition, USA-made Ampeg SVT-210HE cabinet (camera/lighting makes the tolex look kind of discolored but it's not). I removed the original speakers and replaced them with two Eminence BASSLITE CH2010 speakers so the cab will handle 300 watts RMS instead of the stock 250. I also installed two 8 ohm speakers in parallel so it is now a 4 ohm cabinet. The original speakers were two 4-ohm in series which was a bit looser sounding. I changed the impedance to 4 ohms so that it could be used with the SVT CL's I had at the time as a "mini" SVT rig or mainly as a cab to put on top of the 410HLF I had at the time. Either way, this gave a 2 or 4 ohm load which the CL's could drive.

Anyway, I got rid of the CL's and 410HLF shortly after getting this cab so it's seen hardly any use. Also worth mentioning is that I disconnected the tweeter and ran heavy gage wire inside, installed t-nuts for the speakers instead of the cheap wood screws Ampeg uses, and beefed up the internal bracing around the baffle a bit which made things sound a bit more solid/tighter than stock. I feel these changes greatly improved the cab over stock.

Here is a link to the speakers:
    http://eminence.com/guitar_speaker_detail.asp?model=BASSLITECH2010&speaker_size=10&SUB_CAT_ID=5

I have way too many cabs so this one needs to go. $259 shipped to your door, Paypal please.

JR

DSC01178.gif
    DSC01179.gif
    DSC01180.gif

2. Where are you located? I am near Frederick. PM me for a possible local deal.

3. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    PM sent.

4. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    Bump for price drop.

JR

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021