Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Ampeg SVT 3 Pro Tube/Solid State Hybrid Amp - $550 Shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by TimBosby, Jun 4, 2005.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This is an older version of the popular SVT-3 PRO: Ampeg's best-selling bass amp! I bought this recently on TB from M5Yates, and in my classic indecisiveness, decided I wanted an Eden WT 800 instead, so now because that is on the way, the SVT-3 PRO has to go. As much as I wish I could, I cannot afford to own both.

[​IMG]

(Links to more pics below...)

The only difference between this amp and one you might find in the store now is the old school looking face plate. The old face plate lists "Plate Voltage" instead of "Tube Gain" but there is no difference. This amp is in VERY GOOD CONDITION with only a couple flaws where a little paint wore off, some scratches on the bottom that no one will ever see, etc.--no real major cosmetic issues, and absolutely no technical issues. The tubes were replaced less than a year ago and the amp has been well cared for. I used this amp only twice--once at band practice and once at an "acoustic" coffeehouse style gig. The tone this thing creates is KILLER. The tube pre-amp really makes this baby shine. Smooth, warn, defined punchy tone. Awesome.

Click here for description and specs from http://www.ampeg.com*

*(The model I am selling uses slightly different tubes than what is currently specified on Ampeg's website. Here is the difference. The amp I am selling uses 4 12AX7A tubes, which are different than the 12AX7s specified on Ampeg's site. There are still 3 in the preamp and 1 in the power amp. So here is what that part of the specs SHOULD read, as applied to my amp: Preamp (Tube or Solid State): T (3 x 12AX7A)
    Driver Tubes: 1 x 12AX7A, 1 x 12AU7)

Links to more pics:

Ampeg 2, Ampeg 3, Ampeg 4, Ampeg 5, Ampeg 6, Ampeg 7, Ampeg 8, Ampeg 9

2. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    bump in the night

3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA