1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Ampeg SVT-3 PRO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Bassmansean, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN
    Hey all, I'm selling my SVT-3 PRO to one of you lucky TalkBassers.... $500 plus shipping. I'm sad to see it go, but I've fallen in love with a Markbass and I need to free up some cash for some other gear. You know how it is.

Anyhow, The head is in great shape other than a couple of small dings on top, but it was like that when I bought it. Otherwise it works perfect, no broken knobs, etc. Last year I installed a full set of JJ tubes, and had the power amp re-biased by a local tech.

This thing sounds fantastic, and I find it to be very versatile despite what some people have written (it's all in your settings). I've found 450 watts at 4ohms to be plenty of headroom, and I played over 120 gigs on it just last year.

Some things I really like about this head:
    - Onboard 9-band graphic EQ which can be engaged by a footswitch.
    - Tube gain knob: I've read some people saying this doesn't make any difference in their sound. I disagree. This knob gives me a full range from vintage and tubey/thumpy to modern, crisp and edgy. Very versatile, very noticeable.
    - XLR out with level control and ground lift. I ran this head through our P.A. nearly every weekend in addition to my SVT 15" or 410 HLF.
    - Mute switch. If you use the "tuner out" jack on back, when you mute the head it only sends a signal to your tuner. Very useful.
    - 5 band midrange voice adjustment. You can choose which mids you want to boost/cut. VERY versatile. Do yourself a favor and play with this for a while. You can seriously dial in your sound with this adjustment.

If you want more specs, here they are:
    http://www.ampeg.com/products/pro/svt3pro/index.html

I'm not interested in trades as I'm just trying to free up some $$$$ here.... sorry!

I'm asking $500 plus shipping, and I expect payment to clear before shipping/delivery (ESPECIALLY if I'm meeting you somewhere- see below). I prefer Paypal! I will consider the best offer if it hasn't moved in a couple of weeks, so don't be shy!

Also, I am willing to travel up to an hour or 2 outside of Mishawaka/South Bend Indiana to save on shipping, so if you live in the Midwest I'm sure we can come to an arrangement. Plus it gives me an excuse for a road trip.... lol

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. pm sent...

3. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN
    Amazed that this hasn't sold yet....

4. Bassmansean

Bassmansean

Sep 21, 2009
    Mishawaka, IN