SOLD FS: Ampeg SVT-3PRO SVT3 Professional, 450watt, Like New!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rb1, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Ampeg SVT3PRO Head in Superb shape.
    T h e B e s t - S e l l i n g P r o S e r i e s A m p

I was going to gig with this, but that hasn't happened, and it looks like it won't be happening anytime soon, so I am selling this to help pay some bills. It has been lightly used, sitting in a rack in my studio.

It looks just like any new Ampeg SVT-3Pro amp, except it has a couple of tiny marks from racking and unracking it.

IMG_0187.gif
    (More pics in the next post.)

Includes original power cable, manual and box.

PayPal works for me. No trades, please.

I will ship to any confirmed PayPal address upon receipt of payment.

$450 plus actual shipping costs.

A few details about the amp:

Ampeg SVT 3 PRO 450 Watt Series Head

Description:

The sound is in your head. You've played countless instruments in search of the ultimate soul mate. Now you need an amp that will speak your sound to the audience. That’s where the SVT-3PRO comes in. There’s a reason this amp is a best seller—it delivers the goods! With up to 450 watts and the sweet sound of tubes, the SVT-3PRO is the top choice of rockers and funkmeisters around the globe.

It’s all about tone. The SVT-3PRO’s Frequency control allows you to select the center frequency for the Midrange control, giving you a choice of five distinct “voices” for the Midrange. The center frequencies are 220Hz, 450Hz, 800Hz, 1.6kHz and 3kHz. And if that’s not enough, you can use the 9-Band Graphic EQ to custom tailor your sound even more. Or use the EQ to set up a footswitchable “second channel” for your show-stopping bass solo.

The SVT-3PRO is designed for the player who wants SVT tone and performance (with a few modern enhancements) in a convenient rackmount design. Robert Trujillo (Metallica) and Les Claypool (Primus) are just a couple of the world-class artists that depend on the SVT-3PRO to get the job done, day in and day out.

Specifications:

• RMS Power Output (8 Ohms): 275-Watts
    • RMS Power Output (4 Ohms): 450-Watts
    • Preamp: Tubes (3 x 12AX7)
    • Driver Tubes: 1 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7
    • Power Amp: Solid-State
    • Tone Controls: 3-Band
    • Mid Tone Control: 5-Position
    • Graphic EQ: Yes, 9-Band
    • Ultra Low/High Boosts: Yes
    • Balanced Line Out: Yes, Pre/Post with Ground Lift and Level
    • Effects Loop: Yes
    • Preamp Out/Power Amp In: Yes
    • Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 19 x 3.5 x 15.5
    • Weight: 26 Pounds

2. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Camera batteries are all charged up, so here are the pictures:

IMG_0187.gif

Using the flash, at just the right angle, I was able to get a picture of the small scratch in the paint from some time when the screwdriver slipped as I was racking or unracking the SVT:

IMG_0191.gif

This actually makes it look worse than it is. (How often do you stick your head six inches away and stare at the right corner of your bass head with a bright flash light when it's out of the rack? But if you do, this is what you'll see.) Other than this, it looks just like it did they day I got it. And everything works just as it should.

3. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    :bassist: bump :hyper:

4. grumpyjfc

grumpyjfc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Mount Pleasant SC
    Where was it made?

5. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    It was designed in the USA, but made in South Korea. I've had it long enough to know there aren't any hidden manufacturing defects. I think the ones with problems were made in China or Vietnam.

6. rb1

rb1

Sep 15, 2008
    Iowa
    Sold !

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.