1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Ampeg SVT III Pro SLM USA $200 Shipped! (Read Text Within For Details)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BassSurfer, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A new thread has been created due to a newly discovered issue.

NEW PRICE: $200.00 shipped.

The Problem: There is a very slight, faint-sounding, fuzz that appears underneath the texture of the notes. From what I have discovered, this is an easy fix for those who know how to do it. Something concerning the power amp and how it feeds power to the pre amp tubes.

For example, when you play a note or a series of notes, and produce volume, underneath (after the note has sustained for a few seconds) there is a FAINT/SLIGHT fuzzy sounding tone.

I can get this fixed by myself, but I want to pass this deal on to someone here who may know because other than that it sounds FANTASTIC!! My tech only quoted me $100.00 to fix it, so if you buy it your full investment will still be WAY lower than the normal going price on these!

Here is the original text.

For sale or for trade is an American made Ampeg SVT III Pro from the SLM era. According to my experience with these amps, these American made models are MUCH warmer than the more modern ones. They are super versatile and are widely misused/misunderstood.

I say they are misused and misunderstood because there are many people who are unaware of how loud this thing can really get. You have the gain, the master AND THAT LAST EQ SLIDER. This amplifier is capable of a wide array of tones from that typical Ampeg grunt/heft to that deep, deep bass dub. It will fit just about any application you may throw at it. It can get LOUD!

It is in good condition with some wear on the bottom, some minor scratches on the top, and some wear on the sides. The pictures should it justice in terms of its physical condition. The former seller informed me that the tubes were just recently replaced not too long ago. I am unaware of which tubes were actually put in.

For trades I am looking for an amp of similar value:
    Genz Benz STM 600/900 Plus cash from me..
    Mesa M3 Carbine... Plus cash from me..
    MPulse/Walkabout...Plus cash from me..
    Markbass.....

For a SALE, I am looking for $350.00 shipped via USPS priority mail for a quick, painless delivery. I will give you a tracking number within MINUTES due to Click N' Ship and the amplifier will be picked up first thing the following morning thanks to USPS pickup. Shoot me a respectable offer, chances are, I WILL AGREE!

IF anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, send me a PM and I will get back to you as quick as possible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    Did you see my message?

3. Yes sir! Just wanted to start a new thread to officially state the newly discovered problem I have encountered.

If you still want it, it is yours. Pm coming

4. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Amateur. Take my advice for its resale value.
    Pretty sure I'm in. We can consider it SPF......

5. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    I had a very similar problem with an Eden WT-800C, which ended up being caused by one or several leaky capacitors on one of the 2 power amps (not the big power supply caps), then requiring a little re-biasing after the fix. I paid a tech a similar fee to fix that. Not sure if it would be the same issue here, but it sounds very similar.

6. drobinsn

drobinsn

Feb 15, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Check all the multi pin ribbon connections between the preamp section and the power amp section. I had a similar problem with my SVP-Pro preamp between two circuit boards. One of the connections was loose causing a similar sound. After securing the ribbon connections, problem solved. It has been working fine for 2 years now.

7. Thanks everyone for the tips/insight! I am sending it to my tech right now for a full checkup/fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.