1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Aria Pro II CSB-300 Cardinal/Club Bass ala Kim Deal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    PRICE DROP TO $sold OBO

For sale is another of my Aria Cardinal basses. This one is really special as it is from the very first run--1980! Most sources put these with a 1981 release. This is the first and only I have ever seen from 1980.

This is the same model bass as played by Kim Deal of the Pixies. Medium scale at 820mm or just over 32 inches, one very hot hum cancelling Aria pickup, volume and tone. Made in the legendary Matsumoku factory.

Finish is a brown stain which the factory called "Walnut." The CSB300 had an oil rubbed finished so it has worn off in lots of spots to give it a much more vintage look.

Lots of mojo on this one with a cool overall vibe to it. Finish wear in the usual places, thumb wear, a real big ding on the front and some small dings are pictured. A couple of marks/scratched on the neck but nothing that compromised feel or integrity. All appropriate wear for a 31 year old bass. Could also use a little bit of cleaning on the frets and fingerboard, but no biggie. All pictured. The bass also seems to have spent some time in smoky nightclubs. The smell is/was faint enough that I don't think that it was in a smoking home before it got to me but I wanted to mention that. I am not a smoker so I am pretty sensitive to these things.

These basses are absolutely a blast. They are light, easy to play, well balanced, and they absolutely get you that Duran Duran tone (think the first album) if you want it as the pickup is the same as the one on the SB600 and SB700 save for it is not sealed. This one has criminally low action to so plays FAST if that is your thing.

And if you want to hear this model in action listen to "Gigantic" by the Pixies!

Given the vintage I am asking $sold for this bass shipped anywhere in the CONUS. Lots of pics below.

Thanks for looking.

RBM

Picture041.
    Picture042.
    Picture043.
    Picture044.
    Picture045.
    Picture046.
    Picture047.
    Picture048.
    Picture049.
    Picture050.
    Picture051.
    Picture052.
    Picture053.
    Picture054.
    Picture055.

2. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    To the top for offers. May consider trade for a Danelectro reissue if you have one. Otherwise, would like to move this on to make some room for others. Thanks.

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Long weekend coming bump for any and all best offers. Make one-- you never know.

Also, don't let the mojo scare you-- all very appropriate for a 31 year old bass with a rubbed finish and I snap to really show the nitty gritty. If you need any specific closeups, just ask and I will be happy to post more pics. Thanks.

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Best offers or should this one go to the bay?

5. Sent you a PM.

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Replied.

7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sale pending...

8. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    Amazing! An old friend of mine had it's six-string cousin back in the late 80's. We knew it was high quality stuff, even as a bunch of beginners.

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sold. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.