1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Aria Pro II IGB-65 Integra (Billy Gould)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alembic83, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello, up for sale is a late '80s Aria Pro II Integra bass with a no name bag. $225 shipped CONUS (USPS parcel post).

This one is very similar to the one of the models Billy Gould used with Faith No More. He used several Integra basses in the late 80s to early 90s, and this one is the most similar to the bass used in the "Epic" video and one show in Italy in 1990. "Woodpecker from Mars" from that concert has several good views of Billy's bass - except his was white. But you can see it also had the "Integra" graphic on the body and the SB bridge. I think his had the "I" logo rather than the "Aria Pro II".

Anyway, there is no serial number on this to date it, but I would guess it's a 1988 or 1989. The body shape (shorter upper horn) is similar to the SB-Integras which were the original Integras. Later Integras had a slightly longer upper horn. I would guess this is the generation immediately after the SB-Integra. It is most likely made in Korea. The neck is maple with rosewood 'board but I'm not sure of the body material. The original SB Integras were basswood so it could be that.

I just had the bass setup and it plays and sounds very good now. However, due to a slight hump/twist in the neck near the 2nd and 3rd frets, I had the frets in that area leveled by the tech. It now plays well with no major fret buzz problems. It has 45-105 Rotosound 66 steel roundwounds.

These Integras have active electronics (bass, treble, balance, and volume) and P/J pickups. This model has the SB style bridge which is very solid and has the quick release feature allowing for easy string changes.

The finish is in very good condition for being around 23-24 years old. There are a few chips and scratches, though. There are about 3 small chips on the top edges of the headstock, a tiny chip near the controls, and another small one on the back. There are a couple on the bottom edges, too. Several scratches are round the battery compartment and in the back of the bass in general. Nothing outrageous, though. The output jack may need replacing eventually, but it could also be the old cable I was using to play the bass with that caused some of the crackling I heard. The gold tuners are pretty faded but work fine.

A couple of other minor issues: 1) the volume pot shaft was split in half when I got it. The tech was able to use half of another shaft and glue that to the existing half and then put the knob on it. The knob is not glued to the shaft. As a result of this, the knob is a little crooked.
    2) A previous owner sort of dug out some of the wood under the truss rod cover. The nut probably got stuck and they probably hacked away for a while. My tech removed the old one (which was pretty well stuck) then put a new nut on it so it adjusts fine now. I forgot to take pics under the cover but will try and get that done.

Thanks!

Here are some pics but more can be seen here:

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/AriaProII/Aria Pro II IGB-65 - Black/

IMG_4374_zpsca236311.
    IMG_4378_zpsaf8abdfc.
    IMG_4383_zps216ac9a9.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Sweet Bass, and Super TBer to deal with! I'm just tapped at the moment...

3. Alembic83

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Bump!

4. Alembic83

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Bump, $300 CONUS shipped.

5. Alembic83