FS ART Tube eq/EB volume pedal/DOD FX25 envolope filter DOD metal maniac

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by sanfordandsonny, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    I can't load pics right now but i can email them to anyone that is interested

All prices are shipping included (conus)

ART parametric Tube EQ $99
    It has XLR and RCA inputs and outputs so I am including a new pair of 6' rca to 1/4" cable
    DOD FX 25 Envelope follower $50 (the good two knob one)
    DOD FX 58 metal maniac $25 SOLD
    Both DODs have the battery door intact
    Ernie ball volume pedal $60

Each purchase gets a choice of a prize pool
    New set of DR 45-105 DDT strings
    Very used set of d'Adarrio flats with the wraps fraying around the tuning posts
    Black Lightning issue #2
    A mystery grab bag prize

2. You have pics yet? Not exactly sure what tube preamp you're referencing.

3. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    Yay photobucket!!!!
    616ffa52.jpg
    0cae9302.jpg
    31fff3d4.jpg
    3a647cd1.jpg
    ca3b0a41.jpg

4. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    Bump

5. Footbutt

Footbutt

Aug 11, 2010
    Pickerington, OH
    is that a 25K (6181) version of the VP jr?

6. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    I wasn't 100 percent sure so I went searching and found everything I needed at ernieball.com
    These are cut and pasted I hope they answer your question if you need it as an expression pedal that can be modded easily but it depends on what you are controlling.

Q: What are the values of the potentiometers that you use in your pedals, and are they audio or linear taper?
    A: VP line potentiometers: 25K Stereo Audio (log) taper, 250K Mono Audio (log) taper, 500K Stereo Linear taper; VPJR line potentiometers: 25K Mono Audio (log) taper, 250K Mono Audio (log) taper

Q: When would I use an active (25k) pedal as opposed to a 250k/500k "passive" pedal, and why?
    A: Passive vs. Active: Whenever there is a passive signal leading into an EB pedal, the 250K or 500K pedal is recommended (mono VP & VPJR 250K and stereo 500K VP pedals available). Whenever there is an active signal (powered preamp in the instrument, effects loop, etc.) leading into an EB pedal, the 25K pot is recommended (stereo VP and mono VPJR pedals available). If an active signal is placed before a 250K or 500K EB pedal, or if a passive signal is placed before a 25K EB pedal, then the consequence may be that the swell of the pedal does not act as designed. Either way, as stated above, try whatever combination you desire, and determine if it works for you. All of our volume pedals are designed to be as transparent as possible in a signal chain. However, whenever you add any component to a signal chain, the signal will change whether it is audible or not. Keyboards are generally served best by the 25k pedals as well.

Q: What does the little switch in my 250k volume pedal do?
    A: It is a micro-switch that controls the sweep of the potentiometer. The pot has an audio taper: from the heel postion to toe position it has a gradual sweep of volume until the last 1/3 of travel, then the volume has a more dramtic increase. The micro switch boosts the front of the sweep when switched to the left (or to the up-position on the 6180 VPJR), giving the pedal a slightly more gradual volume increase from heel to toe.

I have been using it with an active bass and I've been fine with the sweep (which is of course selectable) but I cannot say if which setting would more closely mimic the sweep of a vp jr in active. If you are really used to the sweep of the vp jr I would say go to guitar center (great place to try crappy place to buy)
    And try it out with your bass or something similar to your bass.

Or if this is all Too Much Information:

The short answer is no, it is not 25k it is 250k

7. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    Dod metal maniac SOLD

8. hey can you hold the art till next friday?

9. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    There is a gentleman considering it right now so I cannot. Keep in touch if you are still interested and if the TBr decides we can make magic happen.

10. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    The art is not on hold for the first gentleman I discussed earlier.
    So it is available if you are interested please PM me.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.