1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVO III bass amp head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by kleingeld, Jan 6, 2012.

1. kleingeld

kleingeld Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Excellent condition Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVO III bass head for sale. This amp has had very light use. I've never had an issue with it, and it's in excellent shape. I'm selling it because I have too much stuff and need to downsize(!).

The Head:
    ABM 500 RC EVO III Head (Ashdown Engineering | Bass Amplification). 575 watts, rack mountable, built in tube-preamp, EQ, compression, octaver, chrome finish. Includes footswitch and all original documentation.

[DEL]Also included in the sale is a Gator 4-space rack bag and a 2-space spacer. The bag is also in great shape and makes transporting the head easy and convenient. [/DEL]

[DEL]$600 shipped, [/DEL] See updated pricing below (basically $500). Will ship CONUS only. I'm in Philadelphia. If you're a drivable distance (say, NYC, Baltimore, Harrisburg) I would happily meet you part way for a gentle handoff.

I will try to get some pictures up this weekend. Please contact me for details. Thank you for looking!

:bassist:

2. kleingeld

Apr 29, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Okay, here's something I just learned. It's REALLY hard to photograph this amp because of the reflective chrome face. Shooting it face-on with a flash turned on just results in a picture of a bright flash.

Here's the amp with the foot pedals sitting on top (you can see me and the camera reflected in the face [Hello!]):
    View attachment 244262

And here's the 4-space rack bag included with the sale:
    View attachment 244264

The great thing about the 4-space rack is you can tuck the pedals under the amp and carry them safely in the bag.

I have more pictures in higher resolution if you'd like to see them. As you can tell, though, the amp and bag are in great shape and ready for use.

Thanks for looking.

3. hifibass

hifibass

Feb 4, 2008
    Albany, NY
    PRC or UK manufactured?

4. kleingeld

Apr 29, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    PRC. I should add that I bought this amp new in box directly from an Ashdown-sponsored artist who had received it directly from Ashdown. The unit was fully inspected and in perfect shape when Ashdown provided it to their artist, and I've kept it in great shape, in a controlled environment. This is no GC Ashdown. It's a professional-grade amp.

5. kleingeld

Apr 29, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    I had a look around and realized I had this over priced. The new no-haggle price is a flat $500 on a super-cool, great sounding amp. It's $500 for the amp, pick up or meet up. If I ship it, you pay actual insured shipping costs. If you'd also like the Gator bag I'll toss that in for $45 (half the price of a new one).

Contact me if you'd like any more info.

6. pmed!

7. Billy-Brad

Billy-Brad Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Hi! Did it sell? Thanks.

8. kleingeld

Apr 29, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Sorry, folks, the amp is no longer available.