SOLD FS: Awesome Sadowsky 24-5 as new

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Coelho, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    For sale only.

This bass is fantastic. It is the "snapiest" bass I've ever played. Very bright sounding, but it can be tamed with the Sadowsky Vintage tone control.

I've payed more than $3600 plus taxes, when I fell in love with it. This bass has been treated like a queen, bass is as new, not a mark on it. You basically pay $500 less for the same bass you would buy new. The exotic top is killer. Looks really good. Comes with Sadowsky Portabag, Sadowsky strap (I am trowing in for free!) and the original candy (adjustment tools+cleaning cloth).

Details:
    FINISH: Natural Face, Caramel Burst Sides and Back
    BODY: AAA Amboyna Burl on Swamp Ash
    FINGERBOARD: Ebony, Abalone Face Dots, 12" Radius, 1 7/8" Nut Width
    PICKGUARD: None
    HARDWARE: Black
    PICKUPS: Sadowsky Soapbars
    WEIGHT:8.30 lbs. (3.76 kg)

I know I will regret selling it, but I am basically just using a 4 string (also a Sadowsky, amazing basses), so this awesome bass don't get any playing time with me. It deserves a better home.

Now for the pics:

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

4759_full_lg.jpg

Sale price is $3100 + shipping. I strongly prefer a local sale.

2. simongpaez

simongpaez Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    Nice, Nice, Nice did I said Nice?????

Killer bass, someone is going to be very happy, I have 2 Modern 24/F and they are my main ones.

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    holeeeecow... Bruno, all the best dude, hope you don't miss it too much.

4. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY!!!!?????????????????????????????? I WANT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. That is one of the sexiest basses I have ever seen.
    Good thing you want a local sale and I'm in Vancouver ;-)

6. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Sell me your Lull PJ5 then you can get this. :D

Win-win.

7. PM sent....First in line? Is this number 4759??? Anybody want to guess how this one will sound? Maple neck...Swamp Ash Body...Ebony board....I am guessing very clear mid focused and sizzly but full and even up top???

Peace,

T

8. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    This bass is identical to mine except mine doesn't have dots and it's top is spalted maple instead of the amboyna burl (niether of which I believe affects tone). VERY aggressive, lots of low mids, lots of sizzle up top, with that classic ebony ping on the initial attack. Not a lot of "low treble", so you get sizzle, but not a lot of clack. Adds a nice sheen to fingerstyle, and while not as big in the lows as a J style, the slap tone is still very nice.

This ain't no J bass, but if you wanna' slice even the thickest mixes, using less wattage, with a lot of focused grunt and growl, complimented by a nice sizzle up high, giving you a particularly clear identity even in a crowded mix, this is your bass.

Oh, and top props for Bruno. I've dealt with him before and he's great!

9. That is pretty close to what I expected. I had a Pedulla MVP that had an Ebony board that was one of the best cutting basses I remember ever having. I think I am going to have to jump on this one....

:bag:

Peace,

T

10. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Well, ok, but IMHO the cut comes from the pickup placement and type, not the edge up high the Ebony provides. Depending on what you mean by cut, tho, I 'spose.

COOL!

Then when you flip it in a couple weeks, we can all save a few bux! ;) :D

:bag:

11. I just meant in general the bass cut very well...I liked the feel of the ebony. If it don't grab me I will probably flip it...I am fickle and I am loaded! Don't hate the playa, hate the game...Besides I have to do my part in the economic stimulus right?

:p

:D

Peace,

T

12. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    LOL! Cool. :)

13. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Thanks Vic! And your description is right on! Very accurate!

14. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    All PMs replied.

15. LightGroove

LightGroove Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Happy Bottom, VA
    Wow....she's a beauty

16. I am taking myself out of the running for this one. I had a chance to hear the clips better through my ADAMs and it is a bit higher mid focused than I need. I was kind of expecting it to be but was hoping differently! Good luck on the sale and next up should be smiling right about now!

Peace,

T

17. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, My Lull isn't going anywhere :D

Actually I want this because it is the perfect compliment to the Lull and Vic's sounds so darn good :D

18. bottomzone

bottomzone Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Amazing looking bass!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

19. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    sound samples attached!

Both samples recorded with the preamp ON, zero treble boost and zero bass boost, through a digidesign mbox (the old model) into garageband. Sorry for the timing, but this mbox adds 512 samples of delay and it drives me crazy. I try to compensate, but well...

fingerstyle: pickups pan at the center.

slap: pickups pan at the center, then I move it about 10% towards the neck pickup.

Attached Files: