1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS:B15 prototype,70s SVT ,Gibson Thor

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Kal-El, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Kal-El

Kal-El Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2010
    I'm moving overseas to cramped quarters and can't take this stuff along.
    Ampeg B15 from late 1960 early 1961 as described on P.70 of "Ampeg -The story behind the sound." Random navy flair tolex, removable side ports in the cabinet,octal speaker connector,center top mounted jewel light,etc. I had it serviced by Dennis Kager and haven't used it since. Some minor mods and upgrades to increase reliability have all removed parts. I don't have the original dolly but can include a blue checked dolly. The price is $1800 plus shipping from Passaic NJ 07055. Local pickup in NYC metro area much preferred.

Ampeg 1970s blackline head in relic condition, Works and sounds good, the grille cloth is gone and the tolex has some cuts in it. I'm selling it with a US made Ampeg BSE410HLF cabinet. $1200 for the package and local pickup only.

Gibson Thor tube amp from the late 1960s. 50 watts from 2 EL34 tubes,2 Jensen 10" speakers. Very clean and sounds good. Fairly compact for a tube bass combo. Would make a nice match for your EB series basses.$475 plus shipping.

Best contact: KE2SO@juno.com

Attached Files:

2. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Sweet deal on that SVT head. If you don't need the cab, sell it to pay for the tuneup and grill cloth. Take it to Dennis Kaeger for tech work and you have a wonderful amp for a great price. Even without the cab, that is a good deal IMO.

3. Kal-El

Kal-El Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion.The reason I'm selling the rig is that I'm moving overseas and need to travel light. All the really big stuff has to go. I just sold my acoustic 360B. Dennis' shop is not too far from me. He gets most of my Ampeg work.

4. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    Sweet B15!

5. Kal-El

Kal-El Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Random Navy Flair Bump

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    (crying softly) navy random flair! bump for the prettiest tolex in history.

7. Kal-El

Kal-El Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Thanks for stopping by JimmyM. It's killing me to sell that B15, it's part of my "Jamerson" set matched with a 'burst 62 P-bass. It's not loud but man,what tone!

8. Kal-El

Kal-El Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2010
    dwnq

9. Kal-El

Kal-El Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2010
    TL-606 bump

10. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Bump good luck

11. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Sure you couldn't fit a few basses overseas with you instead of those amps? :bag:

12. Kal-El

Kal-El Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Selling the amps. Taking the basses.