1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Basslab Soul V, unlined fretless 5'er, none more black!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bongomania, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    SOLD!!! :)

[​IMG]

I just acquired this bass very recently, and I love many things about it, but I honestly didn't have the money to spend--so I'm passing it along. It was one of those things where I've always really wanted to try a Basslab, so I had to jump on the opportunity when it popped up even though my credit card would take a beating. :p

Here are some more (and larger) pics: http://www.ev-b.com/bassforsale.html With only a few superficial exceptions, any white marks or wavy lines are just reflections, not flaws. There is a small amount of light player wear here and there, but no chips, cracks, or any other notable dings. In the pictures it's shown wearing flats, but I've just now strung it up with a brand new set of DR Black Beauties! They look and sound oh-so-fine.

It's in beautiful playing shape, the neck and action are terrific! The pups are Basslab's "rough crystal" elements, which are like single-coils with extended low end. The bottom is super smooth and round, and the low B is pure and clean. The preamp is their own design as well, with low/mid/high and mid-sweep controls, vol/vol knobs, and one of the vol knobs is also a pushbutton mute switch. There's a small LED in between the pups that indicates the battery status.

Weight is about 8.5 lbs, scale is 34", nut is 1.65", string spacing is 16 mm at the bridge. For those not yet familiar with Basslab's technology, the bass is a hollow monocoque (one-piece shell) composite material. Not only is the neck one piece with the body, the neck is hollow like the body! This results in both full, resonant tone as well as weight savings.

$1500... Sold!

2. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Why 17?! ... WHY??!!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Killer deal here!!! :)

3. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Bump for an unheard of deal on a rare bass from one of my favorite builders. I have 2 of these in the fretted flavor and they sound sweet and massive. These are around 4K new and the wait is about 8 months IME.

4. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Director of Commercial Sales - Neural DSP
    I can tell you kids, picking one of these things up for the first time.... they're so ridiculously light an maneuverable its unreal. Being completely hollow, they are also a surprise to pluck unplugged. Great basses but ungawdly expensive!

Bump for a great bass and a great seller.

:D

5. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    This is really tempting, but I've only seen pictures. Links to clips would be greatly appreciated.

6. Jazzdogg

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    :bassist: :)

7. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    OK, here's a short clip of some noodling: http://www.ev-b.com/mp3s/basslab.mp3

Part of the "hold up" has been that I've got a lot else on my plate, but honestly a big part is that my intonation on an unlined fretless is atrocious. :D I'm just struggling to get a decent length of a tune down and not be off pitch so much of the time. Yes, I know, practice practice practice...

Also, here's two more pics: one showing the Black Beauties on here (though they look kinda blue in this pic), and one showing the painted-on silver dot side position markers.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Bump for one of Best TBer's!

9. Jazzdogg

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for the sounds, Bongo! Sorry to say the timbre I heard, doesn't match the tone I'm striving to acheive. Good luck with your sale! :)

10. Sweet deal and even sweeter bass. If it were fretted or lined I could actually play it perhaps (though not verywell) but it just wouldn't look as nice. Somebody buy this thing before I do something dumb.

11. ubersku

ubersku

Sep 15, 2010
    Keizer, OR
    Buying lottery tickets today...

12. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    >.< dammit dammit Bongo...and I really am looking for a Fretless 5 of some caliber to trade for my Fretted 5 Spector Rebob n' cash. (I wish it had like...black lines on the fretboard to correct my errant fingers too)

13. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    +1 :D

I'm pretty amazed this is still here.

14. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    SOLD!!!