Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: BBE Bmax, Sansamp BDDI, Korg Ampworks Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by silky smoove, Jul 6, 2005.

1. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Up for grabs this time around are a couple of items. All in great condition.

Item #1: BBE Bmax Bass Preamp
    This is a great preamp, with a built-in compressor, sonic maximizer, 3-band EQ (active bass and treble with passive mid), a quasi-parametric mid band which is sweepable from 250hz all the way up to 1khz, passive and active inputs, and a bright switch. The back panel features a main 1/4" output with sufficient output voltage to properly drive a power amp, an effects send and return and a DI out with a very studio-quiet Jensen transformer. The sound is very clean, very quick response, lots of bottom, but still very articulate. Does not have the warmth of tube preamp, but its still plenty warm.
    Manufacturer's details: http://www.bbesound.com/products/bass_preamps/BMAX/index.asp
    Asking price: $200 (unit retails for $300)

Item #2: Tech 21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI
    Here's what I reviewed about this thing a while back, review the thread closely, there's some spots with soundclips a few posts down: http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339177
    Asking price: $140

Item #3: Korg Ampworks bass
    I bought this as a headphone amp, but ended up not using it much at all. Bought it on a Musician's Friend sale for $60. Manufacturer's details: http://korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=AmpworksB&category_id=6 (watch the little movie with the dude who shows some examples of what the unit can do. Pretty cool stuff).
    Asking price: $40

EDIT: I'm an idiot...... edge_q5@yahoo.com

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Want to trade some stuff for the Korg?

3. I'm emailing you about the korg tonight... I wants it.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Hey, i got dibs, man! :p

5. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry Trevorus, I forgot to check TB earlier and Almighty's email got to me first and I told him it was on hold for him until I hear otherwise. If he backs out we can talk :)

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Alrighty. Let me know!

7. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'll keep you posted man, right now Pancake sounds like he's going to buy it, but you get first dibs if he doesn't.

8. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Preamps abound people! (a.k.a. bump)

9. MikeT

MikeT

Jul 10, 2005
    Peoria, Arizona
    I'm also interested in the bmax.

10. PM at you. Interested in the SANSAMP!

11. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    email send on SansAmp.

12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California