Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS. Beautiful Spector NS4CR in blue stain. $750 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Kurt M., May 28, 2002.

1. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Hi,

Also selling my Spector NS4CR in blue stain. You know the drill. Killer tone. Bright and punchy. Bass is near mint with extra nice HSC. Would consider Spector NS5CR in black stain as trade or the price is $750 and I'll pay shipping. How can you beat that!

Here it is...

[​IMG]

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Youve got mail!!!

3. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Come on guys. These basses walk all over ANYTHING you can get for this money. Nice used Spectors are hard to find. Don't miss this one.

4. They are indeed very nice. I'm getting ready to sell a 5-string Czech though and certainly don't need a 4. :)

5. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    I don't imagine it's black stain in color by any chance?

6. no, sorry (black cherry)

I don't want to hijack your thread, man! :)

Seriously though, this is a pretty stunning price on a great bass!

7. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    It's not like this thread is going anywhere. I actually think we talked before on another thread. I think you said you have the black cherry bust and not black cherry all the way around. Actually I ended up buying an Ibanez SR1015 5 string. It's not doing it for me. It's for sale on this board to. I'm either going to get a new NS5CR in black stain ($1400) or a Roscoe LG3005 ($2400). I'll probably go with the Spector. I'm anxious to hear if the Aguilar preamp does anything on the newer CR Spectors. Good luck with your Spector. Send me a pic anyway if you have one. I might get inspired to *like* the black cherry.

Kurt

8. Well, the only pics I have of the bass are from Bass Central (where I bought it), and they're pretty bad actually. :) The pics make the bass look almost black, and you can't even really see the burst. I did a quick brightness adjustment in the one pic I've attached, but it's still not a perfect represenation. Also, the bass has a few scratches now (nothing too severe). Hopefully I'll be able to get more updated pics of all of the basses I want to sell before too long.

I wish you the best of luck in finding "the one." I'm currently in that stage myself -- Out of 7 basses I only plan on keeping my Zon fretless, and I'd even like to replace that someday!

edit: yikes! That pic is still pretty bad. :(

9. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    I've seen pics alot worse trust me. Actually if the bass leaned more toward black I might be interested. I'm just not wanting anything too "bursty" if that makes sence.

What didn't you like about the bass if you don't mind my asking? Also, what did you hope to get for it?

10. The only things I don't like about the bass are the string spacing and the 35" scale. My technique is pretty horrendous (especially my slap playing), so the string spacing gives me some issues. Also, I've been playing a lot of fretless recently, and my fretless bass is 34" scale. As such, I've had a lot more luck sticking with just one scale length. I need all the help I can get!

To tell you the truth, I haven't thought much about price yet. I paid nearly $1500 for it new around Xmas time, but I expect to take quite a hit when I sell it.

The main reason I say that pic is bad is mainly because it's so freakin' dark! Now the bass isn't a light red by any stretch of the imagination, but there's definitely a bit more color than the picture shows.

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i want another spector now!!!!

steve

12. I really might be interested in the 5 string in black cherry. Please shoot me an email at chaoslord99@hotmail.com and let me know what you are looking to get for it. I've been jonesing for one for a long time and it might be about time to bite the bullet.

13. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    anyone looking for a partial trade for a fender 15 cab for there sepctor?
    i want another one sooo bad!!!
    please!!!!!!

steve

14. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Like a Spector guy would be caught dead playing through a Fender cab....

Actually I hope you have luck with your cab.

Great Spector still for sale. I'll ebay it when I get back from vacation. Last chance...

15. I bump for you. :D
    This is an awesome deal, and if I had $750, I'd jump at it...good luck Kurt.

16. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Wow, is this still for sale?

Leanne