FS: Better-Than-Mint Dean USA Hillsboro J w/Hard Case Passive 4-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DeanT, Mar 23, 2011.

1. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Sadly, I need to sell my Dean USA Hillsboro J Bass. It's a 4-string Jazz-style bass. It's in better than mint, flawless condition.

SOLD

It's in a rare custom color – Surf Green – with an original Dean hardshell case and all the hang tags that came with the bass. This bass is essentially new and there is not a mark on it. I played it for maybe two hours maximum. I has been stored in its hard case in a smoke-free home.

This Dean Hillsboro J bass is the more expensive USA model, not the cheap imports that you see all over eBay. This bass is made in the USA. It is a passive 4-string Jazz-style bass with two single coil pickups, maple neck and fingerboard and in a custom Surf Green color. The body is solid Alder, not Basswood like the imports. This bass is passive. It is not one of the 3-band EQ models.

According to Dean, the specs for the USA Hillsboro are:
    • Alder or Swamp Ash Body
    • 34" Scale
    • Bolt-On Maple C Neck
    • Maple Fingerboard
    • Black Dot Inlays
    • Die Cast Tuners
    • Black Hardware
    • Die Cast Bridge
    • USA DMT J-Bass Pickups
    This bass sounds awesome. There is practically no hum from the single coil pickups. Personally I like the way this bass sounds better than a Fender Jazz bass. The Hillsboro series basses were introduced at Winter NAMM in 2010.

PM with questions. Again I'm asking $900.00 or any reasonable offer, shipped free in the US.

th_DeanHillsboroBass-10.gif

th_DeanHillsboroBass-01.gif

th_DeanHillsboroBass-04.gif

th_DeanHillsboroBass-06.gif

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021