1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Black Hipshot BT-7 Bass Extender for MIM Fender

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by rob4001va, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob4001va

rob4001va

Apr 1, 2007
    Northern VA
    FS: Hipshot BT-7 Bass Extender for a MIM Fender. Minty. Never used (i.e., never had a string wrapped around it, though I did install it on the neck). Black finish.

Asking $50 shipped to CONUS; paypal preferred. I ship fast using USPS Priority. Comes in the box with instructions, etc.

Not really interested in trades unless it involves a Flipster, Pitch black, or ST-200 (and cash as required).

So I bought this to go on my Fender Squier VM Jazz (Squier VM series is same as MIM Fender, as far as tuners go). I bolted the baseplate on, fit the tuner on, then promptly changed my mind. Just didn't like the look, and I don't really need to drop-tune that often...and besides, GAS has been getting the better of me recently, so I could use a bit o' cash to cover some recent purchases. Because I had bought 4 standard (HB7) tuners, who use the same ferrules, the one here has not been installed. Lastly, I figured it's easier to sell this Extender than a single HB7 tuner. So, there ya go.

Full disclosure:
    because I did install it once, there is a tiny bit of wear on the mounting screws. Hence, the "inside of the cross" of the Phillips head screws might have lost a tad of finish. But it's hidden anyway, under the adjustable part of the tuner.

In the picture of the mounting face of the assembly, you'll see some of the finish worn (looks "sanded") away; shows sort of silver. I can't explain that, it came that way. I bought it from the evilBay, so perhaps what was sold as new really was some sort of second? Not sure, but since it's the mounting face, it's not visible anyway. Everything seems fine mechanically.
    Update: see the post below from someone who's had these before. Evidently, this "sanded/ground" area is by design.

In the box:
    Zi6_0237.

pieces parts:
    Zi6_0236.

the mounting face. you can see the corner that looks a tad "sanded" on the finish. It's smooth and mounted fine, the few minutes I had it on the bass.
    Zi6_0235.

2. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Wish it was chrome. Been looking for a chrome BT7

No, its not a flaw. That's where they ground away the tip of the rivet I believe, to make it flush so it would not hang up or rub when the tuner pivots. I have a chrome BT7 with the same ground rivet.

3. rob4001va

rob4001va

Apr 1, 2007
    Northern VA
    Well...learn something new every day. It makes sense.

Thanks a bunch for the comment. Makes me feel better and hopefully the next guy, too.

Good luck in your hunt for a chrome one.

4. rob4001va

rob4001va

Apr 1, 2007
    Northern VA
    bump-a-rew-ski

5. rob4001va

rob4001va

Apr 1, 2007
    Northern VA
    TGIF bump

6. rob4001va

rob4001va