1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Blue Sparkle GMP Roxie 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by diptixon, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Folks, here's one you don't see every day - a GMP Roxie 5 string in Blue Sparkle finish. Hand made in San Dimas, CA, this is # 1,108 of an estimated total of 1,115 guitars/basses made by GMP between 1990 and 2005 (as best I can tell via various sources on the web; more can be found at http://www.gmpguitars.com; looks like the brand has been purchased by Dan Lawrence and team, and he is cranking back up production it seems... ).

DSCN1967.

Bass is in excellent++ shape - no dings at all, just a small, thin 1/2 " finish crack near at the nut on the bass side and a tiny finish rub just above it on the back of the bottom corner of the headstock that appears to have been clear finished over.

The bass features a bound ebony board, abalone diamond inlays, a Warwick bridge/tailpiece (though not labeled), Gotoh-style mini-tuners, and EMG P-J pickups (vol-vol-tone). Am pretty sure it is set-neck, not neck-thru, based on what I have read, but cannot be 100% sure. It is on the heavy side (between 11.5 and 12 lbs. on the bathroom scale), but it has a great, strong, deep tone that I really can't get out of any of my other basses.

Bass is 34" scale, really good B-string however, and has a thicker (back to front) but comfortable neck. Width at the nut is 1-13/16", and string spacing at the bridge is approx. 2-5/8".

Am looking to get $1,300 shipped in a generic gig bag; bass did not come with a hardshell when I bought it (I am not the original owner).

Additional pics available at:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/danieljascher/GMPRoxieBass?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2dytnk_LbNDA&feat=directlink

Please feel free to PM with any questions.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Looks cool!

3. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Well.. it is!

4. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Mid-week bump...

5. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Saturday bump... lots of interest but still available..

6. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    bump for price drop...

7. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Saturday bump... also did some add'l research and can say with 99% confidence this bass is a set-neck... thks

8. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Memorial Day bump...

9. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Well, so much for that... according to the Blue Book, GMP Roxie basses were maple neck-thru instruments... more info at http://books.google.com/books?id=IrN-E3yn5mMC&pg=PA504&lpg=PA504&dq=GMP+Bass+Models+Blue+Book&source=bl&ots=vuVVh0IQhF&sig=KDYmvE9BkN7Tj3AQugbPoP0_kpU&hl=en&ei=j7oFTOqIAYT48Aby9pnpDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCAQ6AEwAg#

10. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Bump for price drop... thks

11. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Bump, had a deal fall through so still available...

12. shark1

shark1

Feb 17, 2006
    Germany
    Very very nice bass. :eek:

Unfortunately a bit heavy.

13. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    True... but my '79 Music Man Stingray is heavier... :smug:

14. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Midsummer night's bump...

15. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Saturday bump-o-rama.. feel free to make an offer if interested... it is a beautiful bass...

16. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Sept bump, will listen to offers.. PM or email me.. thks

17. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    How is this not sold?:confused:
    I own a GMP Roxie 4 and can tell you it is one of the finest instruments I currently or have ever owned. Yes they are making them again but the first run is rare rare rare! You won't be dissapointed.:bassist:

18. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    Beginning of October bump; price drop to $1,200 shipped via Paypal...

19. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    New Week Bump..

20. jacoby75

jacoby75

Mar 11, 2010
    Detroit, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    It's been a while. Is it still available? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.