1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Bongo HH $750 Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 76Dub, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    I recently picked up this bass from TomF and even though I would love to keep it reality is setting in and I really can't play bass anymore due to my hand issues. I will offer this bass up for the same that I paid for it as well as include a Brand New Tortoiseshell Bongo HH pickguard that I just bought for it and never installed.

From TomF's original add

This bass has lived well over the years - there is some genuine player wear, all described below. All of the damage is cosmetic and didn't take away from the playability for me, but please read ahead for all the details in the interest of full disclosure.

Some details:

Sapphire Black, Abalone Pickguard, HH configuration
    8.8 lbs on my bathroom scale - not heavy at all
    MM hardshell case with some cosmetic wear (visible in the picture) - structurally sound
    Bass is strung with a relatively fresh set of slinkies, and I'll throw in another unopened pack.
    Strap butons are non-original. THe appear to be black EBMM strap locks, but only the button end.

I bought the bass knowing there were cosmetic issues. They never bothered me. The main spots are:

Below the bridge where there is a gouge into the wood, and another paint chip
    Back of the neck around the 2nd fret, where there is a missing paint chip. You can feel it when you play but it wasn't a big deal to me. If that sort of thing bothers you it could definitely be touched up, but the neck finish is thin enough that it didn't slow me down.
    Typical Bongo headstock damage on the tip
    There are some other dings and dents and scratches, but nothing I was able to photograph
    Bongo4HH_0013.

Bongo4HH_0012.

Bongo4HH_0011.

Bongo4HH_0009.

Bongo4HH_0007.

Bongo4HH_0006.
    $750 Shipped to lower 48 states
    US Money Order preferred

2. starmann

starmann Flats and Fingers Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2011
    US
    Great price on a GREAT BASS.

GLWTS

3. ChubbyJerk

ChubbyJerk Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    PMd

4. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Bummer that you have to sell. Whoever picks this up will be getting a great bass - set up with super low action and great tone.

5. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    Looks like this one is going to ChubbyJerk ( A real nice guy actually!) in record time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.