FS: BOOB BASS II !!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    DROPPING THE PRICE ONE LAST TIME TO $299 + SHIPPED!!!
    ----------------------------------------------
    EDIT: SEE POST #9 FOR PIX INFO.

Maki's got the first. The 2nd of it's kind is going up fer sale right now. :) Few differences on this one. The deets:

Bass is a brand new, never gigged, active Squier Deluxe Jazz IV. They go for $299. If you're not familiar with this bass I urge you to do a search. They are smokin basses. Punchy, deep, versatile. Great feel and action too. Squier has been out doing themselves as of the past few years.

What I did with this bass is the same thing I did with the last. Covered it with lots of nekkid chicks. All R rated stuff. Bass is beautiful. Going to take pictures later and figure how to post them. Last time I put a link to my website, but I don't have that anymore. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

This took about $100 worth of nudie mags, and many hours work. I consider it worth every penny of my aksin price which I think is a very fair...

$299 shipped.

2 disclaimers:

When I took the bass apart to start putting the girls on, the midrange control knob wouldn't come off even though I took the screw out completely. I pulled hard and the whole post came out. :/ None of the electronics were damaged, it works fine, but the mid control kept falling out after that. I ordered a new pot. Before it came however I tried the toothpick trick and put a little piece of toothpick in slot where the knob goes. The knob works perfectly know and doesn't come out. I will include the replacement pot with purchase, but I don't believe it will ever be necessary.

2nd disclaimer is the artwork is not perfect. It looks very home-grown, but IMO that adds lots of charm. The finish is durable. I have 15+ coats of polycrylic on it.

If you want further review on the artwork, you can ask maki about his. I dont' think he'll mind. He seems very happy with his purchase, too.

Please post your thoughts on how to show this bass without breakin any rules or laws. Thanks.

2. I have got to see this!

3. That quote simply begs to be taken out of context. Could be my new sig ...

4. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

No pics or links? C'mon man!

5. lol, I want to see it too.

6. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Well, I'll start with this. The bass when it was naked. :)

030-0574-500.jpg

Any suggestions yet on how to post pic links? Can I just put a link to photobucket page or something?

7. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

2nd in line for the sig.

8. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    I think links are OK, aren't they? As long as you aren't posting the pix on here. Not sure though...

9. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
  10. skrogle

skrogle

Feb 5, 2009
    Iowa
  11. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City

Damn, did you just give me a quick panic. I dont' know much about photo bucked and nearly crapped myself tryting to remember things I've posted there. We're all good though. :) Check out my other photos at your own risk.

12. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

I'm not sure that deserves an R-rating Joe. More like PG-13.

Now, if you had gone a little more, um, into the jungle with some of those pics, maybe...

And Ariel on the headstock is a really nice touch.

13. kenny ames

kenny ames

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN.
    Possibly the best post ever.

This is why I love NYC. :)

You'd fit right in w/ Handsome Dick Manitoba.

14. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    +1, almost want to pull the trigger just for that. :)

15. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I don't know whether to slap the bass or motorboat it!:scowl:

16. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    What does it mean to "motorboat" something?

17. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    LOL.

Can't do that with my girl.

Well... maybe, but we'd have to practice a little first.

18. jschwalls

jschwalls

Sep 4, 2007
    Savannah GA
    very cool music Joe !!!

19. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    What a great idea - a bass w/ pictures of naked women. The only thing better would be a bass with actual naked women...

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021